How old was your kiddo when...

cdncasper

The twins I used to watch, one outgrew it at around 5 1/2 yrs old and the other one outgrew it just about 6 1/2 yrs old. My little guy is 17 mths and still on the first slot at 17 mths. Love those short torso babies.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Look at those old-style HUGS! lol

I remember that pic like it was yesterday. Was that taken when you still lived in CA?

Haha, yup, the spring before we moved to VA. Yeah, those nubs on those HUGS were oh-so-pointy :p

glockchick

My 6 1/2 year old is right at the top slot. She's a tad squished in the shoulders but can still use it in a pinch.

Here she is at right at 6 in the BLVD.
IMG_0003.jpg

skaterbabs

FWIW, Joy looked like she was almost out of it for nearly two years before she actually did outgrow it. :whistle:

Jennifer mom to my 7

If you ask for heights and weights, and not age, you will see that the average height for outgrowing it is around 44-46 inches, and around 40-50 pounds. Even the young ones who outgrow it are around those heights and weights, or at least 40 inches, which is the height of the average 4 year old boy. (50%)

nmb

Somewhere between 31 and 33 mos... outgrew it RF at 28 mos so it became a spare; then when we needed to use it when he needed to use it at 33 mos he was over the top slots.

nmb

Nah, I think these types of surveys have a pretty strong response bias where people whose kids outgrew the seats early (or know of kids that outgrew the seats early) are far more likely to respond. I suspect that if we had a more careful study of what the average age is for a kid to outgrow a marathon, we'd find that somewhere around age 5 is typical, and kids who outgrow it before age 4 are extremely unusual (statistically speaking).
Yep - and also more likely to have found this board (for those of us that are just parents and not techs) -- if my kid fit in his marathon til 4-5 I wouldn't have looked for any other seat and likely just got a TB from Target.
(I found this board when someone elsewhere suggest the RF seat could be more upright than 45* which I initially didn't really believe; when my 18 mos old outgrew the Triumph rearfacing and *had* to FF in DH's Neon because the bigger seats *wouldn't* fit... -- wouldn't fit at 45* anyway).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If you ask for heights and weights, and not age, you will see that the average height for outgrowing it is around 44-46 inches, and around 40-50 pounds. Even the young ones who outgrow it are around those heights and weights, or at least 40 inches, which is the height of the average 4 year old boy. (50%)

Going by height and weight, DD was 38" and 28 pounds when she outgrew the Marathon; the Blvd was outgrown a couple months before that.

scoutingbear

A could still ride in it at 5. He has a short torso though, but long legs. So, although he liked being up high in it (as compared to the radian) he was constantly kicking, putting his hands under his legs, etc because of lack of leg support.

C still fit at 3 years 3 months...but then I sold it. He was on the top slots by that point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC