3 seats in 2008 sonata?

dandkg

Hi,

I searched but could not find any previous threads that answered this question. I am hoping someone has some advice. :)

I currently drive a minivan that is dying a quick death to be replaced with a Honda Odyssey at the end of the month. The van is our family car, we drive it everywhere whenever all 5 of us go anyplace. We have three kids a 7 year old, 5 year old and 10 month old. Current set-up in the van is 2 nautilus (1 being used as a booster by 7 year old) and 1 rear facing marathon for the baby.

Due to the van not being reliable, we are looking at trying to fit all 3 kids in my husband's sonata for a few weeks until we find a new van. My oldest has a turbo booster in there but we don't have anything for the other kids in there since we don't use it with the kids at all. We were thinking of getting a turbo booster for my 5 year old ( I know not ideal so I am open to other suggestions) and then we need something for the baby to ride in. We are open to getting her whatever. Buying a new seat would be cheaper than renting something while we car shop for the new van. Any ideas on what to buy? Would her marathon fit if we had two turbo boosters?

Any ideas on who should sit where? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Danielle

ADS

Kat_Momof3

a spare turbo for your 5yr old is a perfectly fine choice... I like to see kids at 5yrs old who are big enough (I like to be over the minimum weight by 5lbs just to be safe in case of a gastrointestinal virus or other illness causing weight loss) if he's at least 35lbs and can obey all the booster seat rules, I'd get one and have him trained... you never know when something could happen and he needs to be able to use one.

for the baby... what about a 40lb rf limit scenera from target or an Onside Air from walmart/TRU/BRU??

if you decide you want to harness 5yr old, a narrow option would be the evenflo Maestro, as long as he's under 50lbs.

dandkg

Hi,

Thanks for answering. Do you think 2 turbos and the scenera would fit in the back of the sonata? We only need to get through a few weekends of use so I would rather not spend a ton of money to buy a radian for his car. We mostly drive the van although it would be nice to have the option of going out in the car if we wanted to, especially with the price of gas.

Danielle

christineka

My parents have a sonata and I've tried a few things. If it's only a few weekends, I might buy a harmony literider for 7 yo, give the turbo to 5 yo, and use the britax seat rfing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC