Are there any good bike/jogging strollers?

JaRylan

A friend of mine is looking for a double jogging/running stroller that can also be used with a bicycle. I know that there are oodles of bike/stroller combos and ideally a dedicated running stroller is probably the best but is there a bike/stroller combo that makes a decent running one?

Thanks.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My sister and her husband are triathletes, so they have all kinds of contraptions for their 1-year-old daughter, including a traditional jogging stroller and a bike trailer/jogger combination.

I will ask my sister if they have used their Chariot as a jogging stroller and will get back to you about it. I know they are very happy with it as a bike trailer. :)

They use a Baby Jogger jogging stroller and LOVE it. I'm not sure which model it is, but I know it is one of the true joggers, not a "city series" or SUV stroller.

My sister's bike trailer is a double and looks a little bit like this Chariot.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If they want a really fancy stroller that can be used in all different situation, have them check out this Chariot WOW!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Look at all its "modes":

Bike trailer:
101465000000000-2.jpg

Stroller:
101465000000000-3.jpg

Jogging Stroller:
101465000000000-4.jpg

Hiking Stroller:
101465000000000-5.jpg

Skiing Stroller:
101465000000000-6.jpg

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: A skiing stroller? A hiking stroller? I've never seen such a thing. :)

JaRylan

I know, I went and looked at the link and holy cow! The only thing it doesn't do is convert for parasailing or boating.

Aprilmom

We have a single Chariot. It is the best thing ever! DD hasn't complained once in it. It is so easy to push and while it doesn't recline for DD to sleep she is very comfortable. She often naps in it. It also works well in snow.
HTH,
Danielle

PHaley

I have a 2005 Chariot Cougar and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can get a bitty baby or a nearly 6 year old in it and both would be equally as comfortable. It goes EVERYWHERE and always catches eyes :p But then they totally drop their mouth when they hear how much they run(and know I don't have any kids of my own yet but have yet another piece of top line equipment:whistle: ) !!! :eek: I got mine second hand off craislist at an awesome price and now I'm looking for the double version:D Don't know where I'm going to keep all these strollers and I sure better have a lot of children one day soon to give it all a proper work out:rolleyes: :love: But i highly give my recommendation on a Chariot...GO GO GO:twocents: :thumbsup:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I too have a Chariot and love it! I have the Corsairre double with the walking/stroller kit along with the bike adapter. It is amazing!

A few of the reasons that we chose Chariot was because of its light weight (our chiropractor even recommended it), the "modes", the warrenty, it's Canadian :D and I am sure there is more but it just isn't coming to me at the moment.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
JaRylan, I just wanted to add that the Chariot's are pricey but when I looked into buying used they were still pretty pricey (and always sold immediately). I was looking at 8-10yrs used with a jogger wheel & bike attachment and they were asking $300-380; new I paid $550+tax (because he mis-quoted me) it should have been $650+tax! So look into it, also check the Calgary (they are popular there + lots of trails :)) craigslist and the buy in sell.ca. There is another brand that is just as good as the Chariot I just can't think of the name of it right now :rolleyes: I'll look it up tomorrow :)

Thought of it!
It's the Croozer. I've heard it is distributed by they same people as Chariot and it isn't as expensive. Our local sports store that carried Chariot now carries the Croozer. They are not quite as pricey (I think in the long run) and the come with a jogger wheel, stroller wheel and bike attachment. I've seen them also at Sport Check and smaller sports stores :) Oh yeah, they do come in different colours then this orange!

popup535.jpg

Last edited:

solmama

You might want to check out a Wike trailer. It can be used as both a bike trailer and a jogger. It's got more head clearance, so kids will fit it longer. My kids, 1 and 3, both like riding in it and will even fall asleep. www.wicycle.com It's also a Canadian product.

JaRylan

You might want to check out a Wike trailer. It can be used as both a bike trailer and a jogger. It's got more head clearance, so kids will fit it longer. My kids, 1 and 3, both like riding in it and will even fall asleep. www.wicycle.com It's also a Canadian product.

Nice to see another Canadian made product, thanks for the link.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's the Croozer. I've heard it is distributed by they same people as Chariot and it isn't as expensive. Our local sports store that carried Chariot now carries the Croozer. They are not quite as pricey (I think in the long run) and the come with a jogger wheel, stroller wheel and bike attachment. I've seen them also at Sport Check and smaller sports stores :) Oh yeah, they do come in different colours then this orange!

popup535.jpg

I just saw one of these this morning. What a cool stroller!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC