Tether Anchors in European BMW530xdi wagon?

S

Sofiesmom

My oldest is currently testing a SafeRider Vest, since she's basically outgrowing her Marathon at age 3 (she's very big and has a long torso). I can't fit 2 Marathons (where my twins need to move into soon) and a Regent (my only option with higher slots, except the Radian, but that only buys me 1/2 inch).

We're flying back to Europe on Friday and I wanted to take the vest for my oldest but since she's under 6 it needs to be tethered. I called my dad who has a BMW530xdi (diesel, but same as BMW530xi) wagon but he can't seem to locate them, nor does the manual mention them.

Does this car have them? And if not, can they be installed? The twins would still make their last trip in the Snugrides (there 5 months and 16lbs) and I prefer not to take the Marathon either ...

ADS

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
What year is the BMW?

FWIW, when I called the manufacturer, they said that if you don't have a tether, it's ok as long as there's a lap/shoulder belt.

S

Sofiesmom

Thanks.

It's a 2006 model. He can only find the cargo hooks which are obviously not good enough. I can't use the shoulder belt since the RideSafer vest requires a tether for kids under 6 (she'll be 3 in May). According to European law she would be on the verge of a booster (18kg), which I don't approve with at age (almost) 3, so that's why I got the vest (and due to space constraints with the twins).

Looks like I am taking my Marathon too ...

Yoshi

Just to let you know, my daughter moved from a Decathlon (as you know same as MA size-wise) to a Radian and gained 2.5 inches of torso growing room- the seat being more upright gives her THAT much more, despite the harness slots measuring "the same" height. My daughter has a torso of 14.75".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC