new bucket or not? Wwyd??

TheQueenMother

Samuel was riding in a combi shuttle 33 during the accident. He is 6 months old today and weighed 20.9 lbs and is a chub. The baby sitter says he looks like he has been screwed together because his fat roll fall over his arms and legs. I rarely use the bucket outside of the car. He likes to be toted, I have plenty of helpers who like to carry him so we normally carry him. Normally our winters are mild here but this year has been bitterly cold and a few days I have covered him well and tried to keep him warm that way. So I do use it some.
The master plan was to give the bucket to my pregnant sil in late March. She wants a Britax and planned to use the bucket for a few months and sling dnephew.
Now that the seat must be replaced, I am really torn on what to purchase. I will now have a child on crutches/ wheelchair for the next 8+ weeks. It could be very convenient to have a bucket for now. But I hate to get a seat for short term.
Either way, I need to get her a bucket. I expect her baby to be small at birth (6-7 lbs) and plump out quickly.
I will replace ds's radian xtsl with another one but am torn on what to buy baby. So bucket or not, wwyd?

ADS

babyherder

If you have to give your sil a bucket I'd get one and use it until she needs it. If you're going to buy one anyway you might as well get some use out of it.

Last edited:

canadiangie

The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread ( I knew what it would be about cause I read your crash thread last night) was "yes!" get a new infant seat because you're going to have a little girl on crutches and if it's icy *at all* where you live you're going to need to help her along (ie: you're going to want to, even if she says no). And then of course an increase in dr appts, and maybe even PT afterwards. Not saying your LO needs to live in his bucket, but I think you might find there are times when having one is really handy.

Again, so sorry this happened. I'm still thinking about you.

Kat_Momof3

I'd get a safety 1st onboard... check target sales... people have been seeing them for about 50 bucks... whichi s awesome.

it fits littles well and is super tall and totes big babies well, too.

And then follow that up with another radian for him when you pass it to your sil!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC