Graco Smart Seat Harness Annoyance

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, I predict the harness is going to be a twisty nightmare. It's thin, and the buckle tongues are wide and and it's folded up in the floor models already :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
(ps, I haven't read any of the blog or any other reviews about it, this is just my first-glance impression...I always take parents from seat to seat and point out that the harness had better feel good to them, that's the part they are going to be dealing with 6 times a day for the next 5 years or whatever, and this one just totally reminded me of an old nylon Cosco harness :p)

ADS

Farm_Mama

I totally agree. I had to fix the floor model before I played with it the other day. It was a twisted mess.

scariestone

I had that same problem with our graco infant seat and our MR. The worst was our stupid dorel 3 in 1 though. I don't think the straps have ever twisted on our radian. Even so, I wish our BRU was big enough to be getting the smartseat so I could fiddle with it. Boy do I get some weird looks when I hang out in the carseat aisle. :whistle:

sherimoneill

Wow, I'm surprised to read this. I have that seat and haven't had any issues with the harness. I actually prefer it to the one on both the CA and the Radian. It isn't as stiff as snugride but it seems to sit very nicely and is super easy to use.

I did have to adjust to the angle you have to clip the crutch buckle in at. It isn't straight down, but a slight angle backwards. It's awkward until you get the hang if it. Once you do, it's a breeze.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm...well, I suppose it could be nicer than the (softish, continuous loop) harness on the CA and the (hard to adjust, folds in the wide buckle tongues, unless they've finally been upgraded on new models) Radian. I'm just so used to nice solid Britax straps, and so much prefer the thick, textured straps on, say, the Triumph 65, that there's no way I could deal with the SS straps (I even just finally upgraded similarly annoying straps on the old Frontier of mine, they made it so the slits in the tongues are overmolded plastic and don't allow flipping of the belt in there).
I've been using harnesses for 13 straight years, I can just tell what would drive me bonkers upon first sight :/.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC