More weirdness

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I logged in and went to the community forums. As you can see at the top there's the pregnancy and medical forums with current threads from today. Now down below on page on of the coffee break forum there's a bunch of random moved threads, followed by threads from 2008. It didn't matter how much I clicked around, I had to log out and back in to fix it. Weird. :confused:

f93a70ff.jpg

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
THose having problems, have you updated to the newest app this week? (1.4.2)?

It's possible that there are some quirks because I have not yet updated to the corresponding forum plugin version due to other quirks with those who hadn't updated. Kind of a catch-22.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
THose having problems, have you updated to the newest app this week? (1.4.2)?

It's possible that there are some quirks because I have not yet updated to the corresponding forum plugin version due to other quirks with those who hadn't updated. Kind of a catch-22.

I am not using the iPhone app, I am accessing it through safari on my iPhone. Does that make a difference (sorry your technical talk is Greek to me :eek:)

ctbcleveland

Per your earlier question - I am accessing the forums through internet explorer - no app. The site still shows a new PM for me and I definitely don't have one. I even went through and deleted all the PMs I got late in the week when the problem started, in case of those messages specifically were acting quirky.

I don't have a new visitor message, i-trader rating, or anything else that should be tripping this up.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Per your earlier question - I am accessing the forums through internet explorer - no app. The site still shows a new PM for me and I definitely don't have one. I even went through and deleted all the PMs I got late in the week when the problem started, in case of those messages specifically were acting quirky.

I don't have a new visitor message, i-trader rating, or anything else that should be tripping this up.

Most issues like this end up being related to corrupt cookies or cache within the internet browser. Clearing them usually resoves isolated problems like this.

In the past there were a couple issues that could cause this, but supposedly they have been fixed. One was if you had a PM from a user that was since deleted, though this would generally only apply to new and inactive members. Another possibility was if you had an unread message from someone and then put them on ignore.

My control panel has very limited options for member private messages. I can see how many you have in your inbox, how many in your sent box and I can delete all messages. Incidentally, I show 268 in your inbox. Does that match up with the number you have?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I am not using the iPhone app, I am accessing it through safari on my iPhone. Does that make a difference (sorry your technical talk is Greek to me :eek:)

My mistake. If you are not using the app, I don't know what might be causing this as nothing has changed recently in the forum software except the mobile app plugin. On our macbook, it looks normal to me. In taking a look at your image, it almost seems like you may have accidentally sorted from oldest to newest.

ctbcleveland

My control panel has very limited options for member private messages. I can see how many you have in your inbox, how many in your sent box and I can delete all messages. Incidentally, I show 268 in your inbox. Does that match up with the number you have?

Yep! What is strange is that the issue is cropping up on two different computers I use - which seems weird if it were just a cookie issue - I think those are computer-specific.

I will try to clear my cookies or just live with it.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Did you check to see if the number if messages you show in your inbox matches what I showed? That might help see if there is a hidden message. If you have anyone on ignore, try to un-ignore them to verify a message didn't get left in your box. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else to try. I think it happened to me a few years back and I had to mark everything as unread and then read again or something to clear it and that was kind of a chore.

ctbcleveland

The post count matched on one computer - did not check the second one. Oh - and I don't have anyone on ignore either ;).

I will play with it - just been lazy.

I got a double message (same message sent twice) from LM4M over the weekend - and that seems to be the problem child.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
The post count matched on one computer - did not check the second one. Oh - and I don't have anyone on ignore either ;).

I will play with it - just been lazy.

I got a double message (same message sent twice) from LM4M over the weekend - and that seems to be the problem child.

Leave it to me to be the problem child. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC