Graco SafeSeat II

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How tall are the top slots in this seat? Any word on the goal to get it to a 50 lb weight limit?
17 inches, nice and tall. Nope, they can't get it to 50 yet (I wouldn't hold my breath...could be a year or more before they get something to a higher weight)...I guess we'll all just have to buy Triumphs with 18 inch slots that DO go to 50, lol. (I actually DO like the SS2...My kids tend to hit 40 pounds at 17 torso inches, it's really all the seat we need for age 2-5.)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
17 inches, nice and tall. Nope, they can't get it to 50 yet (I wouldn't hold my breath...could be a year or more before they get something to a higher weight)...I guess we'll all just have to buy Triumphs with 18 inch slots that DO go to 50, lol. (I actually DO like the SS2...My kids tend to hit 40 pounds at 17 torso inches, it's really all the seat we need for age 2-5.)

Really?
Geez...My dd has a full 2 inches left in her Vision, which has 17 inch top slots, but she's almost at the top slots in the safeseat 2.....must be something about the incline or whatever..........or maybe all that padding?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I'm curious about the Safeseat 2 also. Does anyone have the measurements of the seat? Where the child sits, how tall is the seat back, how wide is the seat area, how deep is the seat, what is the crotch strap depth? I was curious and called elitecarseats.com and they didn't have any info on that so they told me to call Graco. The rep at Graco didn't know she could only tell the overall height/width/depth of the whole seat! You would think that they would know this.

Also, when did the Evenflo Triumph go to 50 pounds? I've been looking at them on the web and havn't seen one that goes to 50 pounds yet. All I could find was 40 pounds.

Any info guys?

Thanks!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm curious about the Safeseat 2 also. Does anyone have the measurements of the seat? Where the child sits, how tall is the seat back, how wide is the seat area, how deep is the seat, what is the crotch strap depth? I was curious and called elitecarseats.com and they didn't have any info on that so they told me to call Graco. The rep at Graco didn't know she could only tell the overall height/width/depth of the whole seat! You would think that they would know this.

Also, when did the Evenflo Triumph go to 50 pounds? I've been looking at them on the web and havn't seen one that goes to 50 pounds yet. All I could find was 40 pounds.

Any info guys?
Thanks!

www.safetymadeeasier.com has the scoop on the Evenflos, you haven't missed anything yet.

I wish one of us owned the SS2...it really IS nice... well padded, built in lockoff, nice recline, SIP...it's just huge, and we are all so pro-rearfacing it hasn't worked for anyone yet (if anyone has it, get out a tape measure and speak up, please, lol).

:)

mominabigtruck

I'm considering one for my extra in the truck. Ds2 only ffs in dh's truck and the semi so it would be perfect for me. I need something with tall top slots but not necessarily hwh because he's really light for his age. I really wish they would come down on the price though, I think its a bit much for a seat that is only usable for 20lbs.

ThreeBeans

I'm considering one for my extra in the truck. Ds2 only ffs in dh's truck and the semi so it would be perfect for me. I need something with tall top slots but not necessarily hwh because he's really light for his age. I really wish they would come down on the price though, I think its a bit much for a seat that is only usable for 20lbs.

Get a CarGo then ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hehe, I wrote them a review...they probably won't post it, they shouldn't, but I linked to the Graco site where they say it weighs 22 pounds (I think the original employee responder didn't know what seat she was talking about...I can see the Comfortsport being referred to as an 11 pound convertible, but not this beastie ;) )

MySillyKids

I have a ss2, and i can take some pics if you want. Its in my 05 Honda Odyssey. Just let me know (if anything) what you want pics of. :)

My only compliant about it is, that when its installed, the shell isnt attached to the 'base' to well because its able to recline in place. I know i got a tight install, but when you 'shake it' it still shakes.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Yes, Please post some photos and measurements. I am interested in knowing....

Where the child sits,

How tall is the seat back?
How wide is the seating area?
How deep is the seat area?
What is the crotch strap depth?
What are the shoulder strap heights?

Thank you in advance for the info!

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I was hoping to find it for cheaper than 129, I know I've seen it for 99... but nothin' this week, I guess.
When the SS2 was on Sears.ca it was $219 :eek: That is more expensive then a Radian!

So this has built in lock offs similar to Britax???? Can anyone show me a pic? I think these go up to 43" inches too? ;)

Remember you don't need to be to worried about the height limits of a seat but more so the weight limit and how tall the shell of the seat is. A seat is out grown when the max. weight limit has been reached, if the shoulders are above the top harness slots or when the childs ears reach the top of the carseat shell. For example a child could weigh 35lbs and be 46" tall but be all legs and fit perfectly in the seat where as another child could weigh 30lbs and be 38" tall and be all torso and have outgrown the seat! The height limit on most seats are a guideline and won't be exact for every child. One thing to look for in a seat is high top harness slots and a high seat back. The SS2 also has the built in lock-offs.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC