Question Less rfing room - blvd or my ride

Pepse

Trying to figure out dh car and I can tell u as a passenger the blvd sucks rfing and dh takes turns driving to work so I don't want buddy to feel squished in Dhs car

Would the my ride take up less room?

ADS

Pepse

cookie123 said:
Can you give us the age and weight of your child, and the make/model of vehicle?

It is a 2004 Honda civic

There is a frontier drivers side

Dd 3.5, 36lbs, frontier

Dd 8 months,17lbs- rfing???

cookie123

At 8 months, your baby doesn't have to have a 45 degree angle. You could try installing the car seat more upright by pulling it out a tiny bit from the seat bight and putting your weight where her feet would go while tightening the belt. This usually results in a more upright recline.

If your husband is very tall, one thing that can help is to put his seat back more upright. That often allows the seat itself to be back a bit further.

Is your seat the Blvd 65 or 70? Either way, the Britaxes usually are fairly good for front to back room. Other seats to try might be the Evenflo Triumph Advance, the Safety First Complete Air or Avenue.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
At 8 months, your baby doesn't have to have a 45 degree angle. You could try installing the car seat more upright by pulling it out a tiny bit from the seat bight and putting your weight where her feet would go while tightening the belt. This usually results in a more upright recline.

If your husband is very tall, one thing that can help is to put his seat back more upright. That often allows the seat itself to be back a bit further.
:yeahthat:

Is your seat the Blvd 65 or 70? Either way, the Britaxes usually are fairly good for front to back room. Other seats to try might be the Evenflo Triumph Advance, the Safety First Complete Air or Avenue.
We don't have the 70 in Canada. Seats can only go to 65# here. If she's looking for a higher weight RF seat, The ETA and Triumph LX 65 both only go to 30# RF here. The Complete Air does go to 40#. Can't speak for the Avenue, as I don't even know if we have it here, can't say I've ever seen it in a store here.

OP, I found that the My Ride, True Fit, and Marathon (old-style) all took up similar room when RF, expect I had to have the MA at 30° to get it in the same space, the others could have a slightly greater angle which was better for my kid and head flop to the side.

Is yours a new Boulevard? or is it an old one passed down from your older child? If so, those only RF to 30# and have less leg room than the My Ride does for RF. So, if you try a MR and it fits better, you're not only gaining more room for your DH, but also for the child in leg room and weight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC