really annoyed right now

mommyoftwoboys

I posted about this awhile ago, my neighbor who wont actually listen to me about rear facing, has kept her son( who is one today) in his carrier, went out and bought a FF car seat, had me try to install it yesterday (it was an evenflo comfort touch. It was CRAP, I swear the way they made that seat was completely off the wall crazy. I was unable to get a good fit for her son in it, and I changed the spots for the straps and tried EACH ONE. It has this piece in the front to adjust the straps right under the latch and you cant move it down or up. So you cant get a good fit. She picked it out with her friend, despite asking me for help on finding a car seat. So she took that one back today, and just called me up *using my minutes* to ask me for help once again. I'm getting annoyed because I've given her my advice, I've told her, take her laptop she bought and buy a friggin marathon, (not that she would rear face him anyway, she doesnt want to, and at one point she thought it was illegal to have him rear facing once he was a year old.
So tell me, What do you guys do when you have given advice and they didnt follow it, and then keep asking for it, and you know whatever you say they are still not going to follow your advice.?

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I woudl stop giving advice, its obviously stressing you out. Tell her that you can give her some resources to do her own research, but that you dont think you can help her any further...

mommyoftwoboys

I woudl stop giving advice, its obviously stressing you out. Tell her that you can give her some resources to do her own research, but that you dont think you can help her any further...

Thanks
I think thats what I am going to do, I would really hate to see something bad happen to her son, (or anyones for that matter) but I am just sick and tired of her asking for my advice and then going out to do the completely opposite thing. I have other things to deal with anyway lol, with my car.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Thanks
I think thats what I am going to do, I would really hate to see something bad happen to her son, (or anyones for that matter) but I am just sick and tired of her asking for my advice and then going out to do the completely opposite thing. I have other things to deal with anyway lol, with my car.

Exactly. And her driving you insane is not okay, so dont let her anymore. Her son is her responsibility (I know its hard not to want to advocate for the kiddos) But good job for trying :thumbsup:

chelle80

I agree, quit giving advice. It sucks so bad to have to do that, but you have given her the info and that is all you can do.

Sadly i have had to do this myself with DH's cousin who has her 4yo in a backless booster using only a lapbelt, her 3yo in a backless using lap/shoulder, and her 2yo in a HBB with lap/shoulder belt. :crying:

Loves2sing

Yeah, i've been there too. What I do is now instead of being a car seat advice pez-dispenser, is just brag about the cool new seat i got, and why it is so amazing, and how my cousins 5 year old could still fit in it perfectly, rather than sitting in a seat w/out a booster!:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC