Smaller fold than BJCMD?

tenecwalker

Is there a decent stroller that folds smaller than a BJCMD? I love the stroller, but can't fit anything in the back of my Ford Freestyle when it is back there. I'm thinking an umbrella style fold or something would work better, since I could load stuff on top of it. When I had a P&T I could still fit groceries back there. I'm about to have 4 kids in carseats so there will be nowhere to put stuff except in the back.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

You had trunk room with a p&t but not a bjcmd? Wow. My p&t took up my entire trunk with absolutely no extra space buy the bjcmd took up maybe 15% of my trunk. Maybe try a jeep umbrella stroller? I've heard decent things about those. But with just about any umbrella stroller it's going to get hard to push eventually.

Athena

We had a newer Mac twin stroller and there were a lot of things I liked about, most of all it's compact fold. However, I agree that as the kids get big, it does become more of a workout to push it. HTH

lovinwaves

Probably a Maclaren stroller since the fold is a different shape.

BTW, are you taking one or both wheels off? That makes a HUGE difference :)

tenecwalker

I was looking at the Maclaren. I have a volo that I really like and it fits laying down with no issues. The difference between the BJCMD & the P&T was that there was enough room to set stuff on top of the P&T. And at the time if it was something big we could fold down one of the back seats. We won't have that option when we add the 4th kid. The BJCMD fits fine, but nothing can fit on the floor next to it and it is too tall to put stuff on top of. It is about as tall as the seatback, so anything would just fall out. I haven't tried with the wheels off. I will have to check that out. We might be able to fit stuff along the floor next to it without them on.

poohbear

Could you stand it up on it's side (they make products to attach it so it doesn't fall down, I'll have to go look for them)? I can do this with my BJCM, but it obviously is not as wide as a BJCMD. An umbrella double is going to fold smaller, but you may not be as happy with the push...

tenecwalker

I tried that and taking the wheels off, but it doesn't make enough of a difference. I think I'm just going to have to go with umbrella fold and deal with the worse steering. My 18mth old is tiny ~20lbs, so hopefully it won't be too bad with him and a baby. Hopefully I won't have a problem selling the BJCMD. Luckily I only paid $320, but My craigslist doesn't have much high end gear so I don't know how it will do.

Athena

My 18mth old is tiny ~20lbs, so hopefully it won't be too bad with him and a baby.

That shouldn't be a problem at all. I got my mac double when my older DD was 2 and probably 26-27 pounds and at that point it was easy to push it with her and baby. However, at ages 2 and 4 and a combined weight of over 60 pounds, I called it quits, but even then, my DH didn't find it hard to push. But he can still pick them up with one in each arm so he's not normal. lol. I should mention that it was my first double so I had nothing to compare it to and I did and still do think that, for the compact size, it's a great option for smaller/lighter kids. However, coming from the nice BJCMD, it might not feel as nice to you, iykwim? I hope this is helpful and that it works out for you!

skitle1802

I have a mac twin triumph, littest DDs are 39lbs and 31lbs. And I still find the push is nice. I have yet to try a BJCMD with them and I've come from a Graco Quattro Duo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC