Washing a puked on harness

njkj

What is the best method to get out the smell? I know I can't put it in the washer but can I hand wash in the sink with warm water and dawn w/o submerging?

ADS

jsta1005

What I have done (which I have been told is ok!) is to wipe off the straps with a damp washcloth then smear some baking soda on the straps to make a paste. Then just wipe off with a wash cloth! It works really well!!!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
A little water won't hurt but don't submerge. Baking soda is fine but no soap on the harness.

I usually take mine and run water over them then if stuff is in the fibers, I take an old, soft toothbrush to scrub that part a little. A Baking Soda mix with water should take the odor out plus dry in the sun. Oh, and if you do run water over, make sure to towel dry so they don't sit there wet, just damp until they dry.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
If all else fails, you could get new straps. You should be able to get it out with a wet washcloth, though. I have had it happen several times, it can be hard to get it out with just a washcloth, but it's not impossible. You can use baking soda, but I've never had to.

njkj

If all else fails, you could get new straps. You should be able to get it out with a wet washcloth, though. I have had it happen several times, it can be hard to get it out with just a washcloth, but it's not impossible. You can use baking soda, but I've never had to.

I would just get a new one but can't order until at least Friday and we leave CA to head to WA in 3 weeks and knowing my luck lately it would get lost in the mail or something, LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC