good price for used Joovy caboose?

ADS

Maggie

Depends.

Is it just the regular one with the small canopy? Or is it the Ultralight with the oversided canopy?

I've had both and the ultralight is so much lighter and easier to push than the standard one. The standard is so hard to push with more than 1 kid, I got rid of it b/c I couldn't push it when my 3 year old jumped on the back.

Regulars run about 120ish new, Ultralights run more like 230. So if it's an ultralight, that's a steal!!

If it's a regular, depending on the year, that's a reasonable price.

ETA: The standard doesn't push as nicely as the ultralight, but it's loads better than my Graco DuoGlider. Ugh, THAT is a beast.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
That's how much we paid for our used Joovy Caboose on Craigslist, and that thing has been worth every penny and more. What a workhorse it is! And they are so sturdy that even 'well-loved' they still work great. When our kids have outgrown it, I could easily see us turning around and selling it on to the next person for exactly what we paid. Definitely a no-regrets purchase!

Holly

I paid that much for mine, I got it from a used baby item store. Mine was the regular, not ultralight, and we liked it a lot.

Angela

It's the regular and has a small tear in the foam on the handle. It's looks to be in good shape other than that. Do you think the foam can be fixed somehow? Also any ideas how well it works for infant seats?

Holly

Does it have the bar that you use in place of the tray when putting an infant seat up front?
If so, they work pretty well. The one I had didn't have the infant seat bar but I bought one separately. I put a Keyfit (original, not 30) on it and it fit perfectly. There is also straps to buckle over the infant seat to keep it snug. I think the Joovy site has a guide that shows how each infant seat fits on it.
I don't know if it would be easy to replace the foam handle.

ETA, here is their car seat compatibility picture guide.
http://www.joovy.com/pages/carseat.htm

Angela

Does it have the bar that you use in place of the tray when putting an infant seat up front?
If so, they work pretty well. The one I had didn't have the infant seat bar but I bought one separately. I put a Keyfit (original, not 30) on it and it fit perfectly. There is also straps to buckle over the infant seat to keep it snug. I think the Joovy site has a guide that shows how each infant seat fits on it.
I don't know if it would be easy to replace the foam handle.

ETA, here is their car seat compatibility picture guide.
http://www.joovy.com/pages/carseat.htm

Yep, has the bar. It says it fits the snugride 32 and SS1. I'm assuming that means it will also work with the 35, right?

Dillipop

It's the regular and has a small tear in the foam on the handle. It's looks to be in good shape other than that. Do you think the foam can be fixed somehow? Also any ideas how well it works for infant seats?

The foam tore on my handle and my friend who was borrowing it just used electrical tape wrapped around it to fix it. Kind of like wrapping a baseball bat or tennis racket. It looks great now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC