Are these hondas decent cars?

christineka

Dh intends to buy a "new" car this spring. He's been looking at honda civics and fits. I think the fit looks weird. Once upon a time we owned a very basic civic. It was a good car, but very basic. (Hot in summer.) The car is to be a commuter car. Dh drives a long distance to get to work or go to music rehearsals and performances. I'm not real concerned about car seats, but being able to fit three boosters across the back would be optimal. As long as the car has headrests, I'm not even concerned about high back boosters fitting. Just 3 literiders across would be great. But, I'm more concerned with the vehicle being of good quality that has potential to last for 20 or so years and has some decent crash ratings.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have a Civic and LOVE it! I don't have any complaints about it at all. :)

You could easily fit three (relatively narrow) boosters across the back of a Civic.:thumbsup:

Lys

Senior Community Member
Both my mom and sister have civics and love them. I have a Pilot. We are a Honda family. :)
I've owned 3, my mom 4 and my sister 2.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
We are a Honda family too. :)

At one point, my dad had an Accord, my mom had an Accord, my brother had an Integra (which is the same as a Civic), my sister had an Accord, my BIL had a Civic, my SIL had an Accord, and I had a Civic.

Now, my sister has a Pilot, my SIL has an Accord, my mom has an Accord, and I have a Civic (and my cousin, who is like a sister, also has a Civic).

Up the street from me is a family that is definitely a Honda family. Mom has an Odyssey, Dad has a Pilot, and ALL four kids have Elements or Civics. The best part? Grandma has an Insight. :) Love it.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I think you'll have trouble getting three boosters across the back of a Fit. It's a very narrow car. I'd be happy to run out to mine and get you some measurements if that helps at all.

You can't go wrong with either a Civic or a Fit :) Both are solid cars.

abigaylebelle

I second the honda fit for ease of transporting musical instruments. It's a little funny looking but I have to say I love mine anyway. It's never given me a moment's trouble, gets excellent gas mileage, and I can put tons of stuff in it. I'll never sell it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC