How long will the coccoro last?

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
So I could not find the answer to this question anywhere. How long could you expect this car seat to last? I have no clue how big this LO is going to be. I'm 5'2 and average and BF is 6'4" and skinny.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It depends entirely on the kid. Rear-facing, I'd say anywhere from 18 months to 3 years.

My daughter is 21 months old and on the smaller side of average, but she has a very long torso. She is about to outgrow it rear-facing--most definitely before she's 2.

oxeye

My DS has a long torso, and he outgrew it RF around 18 months old. He was on the young side for outgrowing it.

I don't know his stats when he outgrew it, but he's 34" at 22 months. Not super tall, but short little legs. ;)

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
so would you say its worth it...I'm planning on using it from birth. I thought about getting a myride but its so big a bulky. I don't have small car but I wanna make sure their is room for other passengers. Its 91 montero

oxeye

so would you say its worth it...I'm planning on using it from birth. I thought about getting a myride but its so big a bulky. I don't have small car but I wanna make sure their is room for other passengers. Its 91 montero

I think it's worth it. I really miss the seat! I only recommend it to people if they are willing to get another higher capacity rear-facing seat after it is outgrown, however.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Is it worth it? Only you can decide that.

Do you want to rear-face for 3-4 years and not need to buy another seat until it's time to forward-face, or until it's time for a booster? Then no.

If you don't plan on rear-facing longer than 12-18 months (though you really should) or you're ok buying another seat to rear-face longer when the Coccoro is outgrown, sure.

I'm in the latter camp: I always knew I'd need to buy another seat. But I've greatly enjoyed the CCO while it lasted.

Laurette

I too, enjoyed my CCO for the amount of time it lasted. But, I think the MyRide will give you plenty of room for passengers, especially when rearfacing. It has a very narrow base to allow for hip room and when the seat is rearfacing there won't be any competition for sholder room either.

Mom2three

My DS is 18 months now and has about 3 more inches in his CCO before outgrowing it. It is really different for each child. My DD outgrew it RF when she was 37 months old. She is tiny for her age. I love the seat and am so happy that we have had it since he was a few months old. I will be sad when he outgrows it. I have other seats for him to rearface in when he does outgrow it. For us, it has been a great seat, and I would reccomend it on the same basis the previous posters did, as long as you are okay buying another seat to RF longer in.

BritMum-in-US

My son is two in January and still has some growing room rf. He is average size (28#, 33+" last time I checked) with, I would say, an average torso/leg length ratio. He is on the 2nd slots from the bottom. He will make it to at least 2 1/2 I'm sure, though he will be a bit squished :p
If you plan on travel I say get it! From birth it will last you a while and it's so nice and compact.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
well I was planning on getting an infant seat at first but I just don't see the point in it I will be baby wearing or getting a nice stroller that reverses. So I think I'm going to find somewhere around me that carries it and go and play with it

Cryssy Jane

A is about 18 months and has about an inch left. He's also got a ginormous torso for his age (already wearing 3T shirts and only 24months pants)

dawnp15

I've always really wanted one, but couldn't justify it for my kiddo's now. So if we ever have another i will get one to use from birth. I think they're worth it if you can use from birth and afford another seat to get you to a decent FFing age.

JOII

Depends on the child, my DD1 outgrew it rear facing right before age 3. My DD2, who is using it now, looks like she will outgrow it at about 18ish months. (RF only, I have no intentions of using it FF). I enjoy it very much and have no regrets :)

Kat_Momof3

when you use it from birth... totally worth it.

I'd get one to use from birth if I were having another baby... I'd see what was out for convertibles that rf longer when the cco was outgrown

also, remember... if this is your first child and you plan on having kids close together, the seat can be passed to the next baby.

luckyclov

It fits newborns *really* well, so if it's a seat you'd be using from birth, I'd say, easily, well worth it. How much overall use you get out of it totally depends on your child, though. The RF weight limit is 33 lbs, but it's also not a mega tall shell - that said, the shell is actually not as short as it appears. I really liked the CCO when we were using it. I really liked the around-the-back routing of the shoulder belt. I never used it FF, but it installs really nicely FF (I generally think of it as a RF only seat, though:p).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I agree, if you use it from birth it's definitely worth it. I bought mine when my son was 13m old. He's 18m now and has at least another year in it. It's served it's purpose well for us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC