Checking interest on parts for a Graco Metrolite Stroller

Angela

I have brand new parts for a Graco Metrolite LXi stroller. All parts are available except the handle, which is why I'm parting it out. I contacted Graco and they can't replace the handle. So, just checking if anyone would be interested before listing the parts on ebay. The pattern is Samba.

ADS

munchkin

I am interested in the wheels. Are they plastic? How big are they? And how much shipped?

Do you mind taking a pic of them detached so I can see if they will work for my project?

Angela

I don't have the parts here yet, but will have them on the 10th. The background- a friend ordered this from someone on Ebay. It came with the box smashed and the handle broken. She got ahold of Graco and they said they can't fix it. They did give her a rebate for a little bit off a new stroller. She lives out of town and I can't get down there until the 10th.

As for the wheels - According to some of the product descriptions online the front/back wheels are both 8". The front wheels are part of an assembly, so both wheels are connected, but the back wheels are single. I'm not sure what price to put on them. $25 for all plus shipping or $5 for each plus shipping. Does that sound fair? I hate pricing stuff. I'll get pictures as soon as I get the stroller here.

munchkin

As for the wheels - According to some of the product descriptions online the front/back wheels are both 8". The front wheels are part of an assembly, so both wheels are connected, but the back wheels are single. I'm not sure what price to put on them. $25 for all plus shipping or $5 for each plus shipping. Does that sound fair? I hate pricing stuff. I'll get pictures as soon as I get the stroller here.

So the front wheels are connected together or to the frame of the stroller? I am going to hold off making a commitment until I can see a pic. I would really prefer 4 jogging stroller air tires, but most jogging strollers only have 3.

Angela

So the front wheels are connected together or to the frame of the stroller? I am going to hold off making a commitment until I can see a pic. I would really prefer 4 jogging stroller air tires, but most jogging strollers only have 3.

Yeah, these are the generic plastic Graco wheels. And yes, the front wheels are connected together, not to the frame. I'll make sure to get some good pictures of everything when I get it here.

I'm almost certain that the Samba pattern has the upgraded rubber wheels. They are not air filled but they are not crunchy sounding plastic ones...they are really nice. I have a Central Park Metrolite and i has the rubber wheels. I have my friend's Cherry Blossom one from BRU in the garage too so I can snap pics if you want them to compare.

Ok, correction... the Samba Metrolite has the crappy plastic wheels but the Samba Quattro has the nice rubber ones. I was confused... anyways, I'm not sure why Graco does this!

Another thing that almost no one would probably be aware of unless you've owned both models is that the Metrolite has changed in design pretty sigificantly. I just snapped some pictures of both the original frame/design and the recent model so you can see.

I figured this would e useful to anyone buying parts to know... I don't think the fabric and some parts are compatible with each other.

They have made the seat MUCH deeper and so the tray sits MUCH higher....great for older kids and their knees but now their feet drag on the floor. My older one doesn't have good legroom for a 4 year old but the tray is a MUCH better heigt for a baby. The basket on the old one is much bigger also.

I took a 16 month old for a walk in the newer on the other day and she kept hitting her head on the tray. The newer models also have a pull strap the adjust the back and it does not stay up at all...she was pulling herself up by the tray the entire walk. My black on has a bar adjustment like the Quattro and sits up nice and straight and there is no way for a baby to smack their head on the tray, it sits at just the rght height. I'm kind of surprised how much I like the older model... it seems they weren't really thinking when they redesigned it and cut a lot of corners.

Rubber wheels
metrolite002.jpg

Plastic wheels
metrolite005.jpg

metrolite008.jpg

metrolite009.jpg

metrolite010.jpg

metrolite012.jpg

The canopy seems a little dfferent and the entire back of the seat, basket and wheel assembly is completely different.

136.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

Last edited:

munchkin

Yeah, these are the generic plastic Graco wheels. And yes, the front wheels are connected together, not to the frame. I'll make sure to get some good pictures of everything when I get it here.

I am going to pass on the wheels so don't worry about pics. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but wagon wheels will work better and there is 4 of them :thumbsup:. So I am just going to find a cheap wagon on CL and use it. Thanks for taking the time to answer my ?s.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC