How do you like the TF ff?

ADS

canadiangie

The ppl I know who use one ff really seem to love it.

It's fairly low, nice natural recline, tall top slots, cup holder, nice deep sides, it's roomy for bigger kids, 65 lb limit, nice latch connectors, lockoff for seatbelt install. It's kind of got it all.

Only downside is the width, which isn't a deal breaker for most families.

turtlemama

I only FF mine once and could not get the lock-off to close over both the lap and shoulder belt. I probably was doing it wrong though, but that is all I can think of as a con for FF. I like most everything else about it all the way around.

Maggie

Love it.

Easy install with LATCH, lap only and l/s belt in all positions in my van and DH's vehicle.

For me it's been as easy to install in multiple vehicles as my MA. Even a little easier because I sometimes have a hard time with the lockoffs on my MA.

It's my favorite seat. :) I've never used it RF. Though I have installed it RF a few times, I just love it FF.

It did take DD2 a few trips to figure out how to sleep in it though. She went from the super snug and narrow MA to the wide TF. The first few times she slumped over, but now she sleeps in it with no problems.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I have had to pull the plastic stoppers off every seatbelt I've used to install it ff, but otherwise I like it. It fits big kids really really well. I regularly put a 55lbs 6yo in mine. It is wide.

I guess the other thing is that the harness is a little wide for skinny kids and when they get big it seems to be a little narrow. :confused: That really has to do with the seat overall though. ;)

jess71903

Ambassador
LOVE LOVE LOVE it. The only issue I've had is the hard, flat 3rd row seats with fixed headrests. I can eventually get it, but it usually takes a try or 2.

rodentranger

I preferred it ff to rf.
If I recall correctly, you must use the lockoffs for every installation. That's why I sold mine. I couldn't lock them in my Pilot rf and it wasn't compatible with my Altima at all.

hboo22

I loved mine FFing, it is nice and wide (not good for 3 across though), has a nice recline, and I like that it's low to the seat, easy for little ones to get in and out of themselves....

djma

Loved it! Easy install and very low - DS2 loved it too. No headslump when he slept either.

bella_1818

Really loved mine in both positions too! Sadly, we parted ways after a total-loss accident, but the seat did wonderfully in the accident. Pictures are on here somewhere.

dawnp15

I've only used my a couple times FFing, but it's always been very easy to install. My DD1 is a big girl that needs a wide seat so i't always been perfect for her!

MamaLinzie

I had issues with the install in any outboard position in my Saturn because of the lock off clips. I could only install it in the middle. I tried it FF and it was actually the easiest. I liked how big and comfortable it looked. The SIP looked amazing.

She was about 3 at the time, 27lbs. Obviously did not like FF.. lol
May09003.jpg

rachelandtyke

I love it! It is DD's primary seat. It is a great seat both rf and ff, but we have used it more ff. I have found it easy to install in both our van and my parents' car with either LATCH or l/s belt. Yes, you do have to use the lockoffs, but I have never had any trouble with it. (it did cause tipping when I locked the l/s belt, but it was great when I didn't) It is very comfy for dd. She has lots of room and can sit with her legs criss-crossed and they are fully in the seat. We recently had a 9+ hour drive and she did not complain about being uncomfortable at all. She can sleep in it easily. I love that she has lots of shell over her head even though she is on the highest harness height (but it will be a while before she outgrows it). Her head might be even with the top when she outgrows it, but it may possibly still be fully contained. But even though it has a tallish shell, it impedes my view less than the Blvd/MA/RA50 or EFTA. I highly recommend it! :)

NannyMom

It took me awhile, but I really like mine. I like it for *me* who knows how to properly tighten it. No way DH (arm injury) can tighten it though (so he has a GN). I like the recline, it kind of makes up for being so wide. It's too wide for her head to lean on, but the recline keeps her head back so there's no head slump.

Mags462

Just wanted to add that although i do LOVE the seat RF and FF - it is entirely incompatible in a Ford F-150 (old body style so 2000-2005 i believe).... so if you are needing to use it FF in one you'll need a seat with a higher belt routing opening to install it. The LONG rigid belt stocks make it impossible.... :thumbsup:

disbugsmomma

I love the TF ff, it is super easy to install in almost every vehicle I've tried it in. The only one I had a bit of trouble with was a '97 Dodge Ram extended cab, but I did eventually get it in there. :thumbsup: I've had it in a '97 Ram, '97 Lumina, Honda Pilot, '04 Town & Country, '01 Impreza and an '06ish Ram.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I love our TF's FF. Super easy to install FF and RF. I know you only asked about FF, but I'll put this in anyway: For RF, I liked them just fine except that the harness tension adjuster got buried and was impossible to reach. I like to loosen and tighten the harness every time, but if you don't loosen and tighten every time, it's not an issue. Mine are not premiers and I'm not sure if this is an issue with the premier or not. The only other thing I don't like, which is minor, is how the harness is connected through the bottom of the seat. Somehow it occasionally happens that one side pulls the other side and makes it uneven, so I have to yank the short side to make them even. Again, not sure if this is the same with the premier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC