BMWX5 vs. Volvo XC90

U

Unregistered

HI- My husband and I are looking to replace our 2000 Expedition with either a BMW X5 or the Volvo XC90...we are now realize the expedition is not safe for our family. I have a 4 year old daughter who is in a booster seat and are planning to have another child. We test drove both of them and like the drive and qualityof the BMW better but SAFETY is our main conceern now. I ahve done a some reasearch on the internet but would like to see what you all would say that. Thanks! What a wonderful website!!!!!

ADS
U

Unregistered

X5 vs XC90

My wife and I just went through the same thing. We went with the X5, this was a tough decision because the volvo was less money($10k) But after test driving both 3 to 4 times and comparing the handling and the feeling how much more soilid the BMW was, it was very straight forward to us. Our BMW dealer had us drive into a gravel lot @ 40 MPH and slam on the breaks and the X stopped on a dime, then he had us put the X half thr tires on pavement and half on grass and accelerate as fast as I could. The X didn't budge. We have had our 02 X for about 6 months and every time we see a Volvo we say were glad we bought the X. Good luck, I really feel they are both good safe cars but the X was just a better choice for us. Also take a close look at the details, BMW is a pro at details.

J

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC