Ford Excursion Tether Anchor??

sixboys

Re: Ford company will do the top tether bolt install for free!

Hi,
I'm brand new and having a hard time navigating this site. I hope I'm not hijacking a thread, I just can't figure out how to start my own. I have an '04 Ford Excursion Limited with only one tether anchor on the back bench, and I need more. When I called my local dealership, he told me he could see the part I was talking about but it didn't have an order number???? When I called Ford, they told me to call my local dealership! My husband can install them, as long as we know where to buy the kit and where to place the anchors, and frankly, after talking to the not so bright guys at the dealership - I'm certain my husband would do a much better job! Please feel free to email me directly if you can help me. Thanks so much.

ADS

djm2424

Hi-

I got mine at Honda dealership. All I did was contact the parts dept. at the dealership for the tether anchor kit. I didn't have to give the numbers, etc. I couldn't find any other information online. So, I had to buy the set in person at the dealership. Hope this helps. I think that Ford dealership- the parts dept. should know what you're talking about.

Hope this helps-

Dana :)

djm2424

sorry for not reading your post carefully-- you DID call your local dealership... jeez-- that was an idiot you were talking to! Ha-- no-- try again and find someone who knows what tether ANCHOR is! Brother... Sorry not much of a help here. :(

Dana :)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician

Sorry. According to the LATCH manual (which has information directly from the manufacturers), there is only one tether anchor in the third row (outboard, near end of seat cushion back frame) and tether anchors or retrofits are not available for the other positions.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member

Sorry. According to the LATCH manual (which has information directly from the manufacturers), there is only one tether anchor in the third row (outboard, near end of seat cushion back frame) and tether anchors or retrofits are not available for the other positions.

This is correct, and this is the main reason I'm still driving a Suburban even though my husband works for Ford.

I know the engineer who is the head launch manager for the 2008 Excursion (Expedition EL/MAX) and I've given him an earful about the ridiculous 1 TA for the back bench.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC