Booster Help

U

Unregistered

Hi! I'm hoping y'all can help with a booster dilemma.

Here's our stats- my son is 6 yrs old and 60 lbs. He currently rides in a regent and is 1/2 inch below the top slots. We have a 2002 subaru impreza wrx.

We live in Fairbanks, where we can't just go to a store to see anything but a turbobooster or evenflo, neither of which he finds comfy.

I'm debating between a vivo and a Monterey.

I'd like to get the monterey but am worried about seat depth- there is so little leg room in our car that the regent sticks off the edge of the seat and leaves him with just a few inches for his legs. Will a monterey do that too?

And the padding- does the monterey have more seat padding than the radian? I'm told the vivo is pretty cushioned- is that true?

We spend a lot of time in the car daily, so comfort (leg room, seat padding, etc) is a concern. I already hear enough complaints, lol.

Any comments or ideas would be helpful. Thank you!

ADS

MomToEliEm

I have a monterey and a regent in my camry. The Regent is just about flush with the seat (maybe a little bit sitting over the edge). Our monterey sits about 1-1.5" back on the seat so the monterey might give you a little more room for your son's seat, though not a great deal.

Here are some threads with pictures comparing the monterey with the vivo and the ProBooster (recaro's newer booster)
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=121613
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=140917

Kat_Momof3

going by his size, I'd say the Monterey is probably your best bet.... he'd likely be a bit squished in a Vivo... and if he's used to a deep seat, he might find the probooster too shallow.

ginny4

the monterey takes up less space front to back than the regent (WITH recline bar)on the vehicle seat. our regent hangs over the edge a bit & the monterey is set just a bit behind the edge of the seat. i really like the monterey for the older/bigger kids. my DD who is 62lbs fits BEAUTIFULLY in it. i also love the LATCH on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC