News SKJP advertising new standards compliance!

tam_shops

Was surprised to see SKJP posting on FB that they are now compliant to the new Jan 2011 standards, despite them being delayed...

Oh, and if I got the new rules wrong, please correct & I will delete mine! LOL

Still not clear on the 1Yr thing, though I'll probably tell people it's the rule anyway, there are those few 10mth early walkers...:whistle:

tam

ADS

tam_shops

Forgot, saw nothing on the Britax site about the new standards! Thinking SKJP have a great advertising group...

Which seat looks better, the one that already complies to new standards, or the one that doesn't. I'll bet most people don't know what the new standards are, I'm not even clear on them & I've read them, more than once! LOL

tam

dogmelissa

Britax has been all over the news claiming that their seats meet the new requirements. Honestly I think they're behind all the fear-mongering about "seat shortages", as every article or story I've read/heard about it quoted a Britax rep.

The 1 yr thing is not a TC requirement, but all the car seat manufacturers have it as their minimum to FF. So TC standards are 22# & walking unassisted and then in addition the car seat manufacturer has a 1 year minimum (some seats have a 2 yr minimum but afaik those are only combination seats anyhow). Sensie makie?

Melissa

tam_shops

Thanks! Yes, that makes sense! I've yet to see anything in any of our local papers about it & don't watch enough tv to catch anything, saw a few of the stories that people posted here...Thought it was rather smart advertising for SKJP to have a FB page & advertise it there, most people do their *research* online & that's the place to advertise these days...Think they should all have it on their websites, forces those that have not yet updated to get their butts in gear...

Know the Frontier is 2YO, I liked that, but on the other hand, I'd rather a person goes from a SR32 @18mths to a Frontier & stay harnessed until the max, than go into a 3 not RF anyway & then put them in booster mode at 3YO when they outgrow the harness...

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Forgot, saw nothing on the Britax site about the new standards! Thinking SKJP have a great advertising group...

Which seat looks better, the one that already complies to new standards, or the one that doesn't. I'll bet most people don't know what the new standards are, I'm not even clear on them & I've read them, more than once! LOL

tam

Britax has said their seats meet standards from the crash test perspective - that both their old and current seats do. But they are not compliant with their minimum ff'ing weight limit.

So Britax won't be able to advertise compliance until they raise their minimum ff'ing weight limit to 22lbs.:thumbsup:

tam_shops

I see, SKJP has updated their website to 22# for FF, Love that! But doesn't have the walking part.

Britax, has yet to do that...still has the 20#FF!

Too much work to check all the other websites! LOL

tam

tam_shops

Thanks Trudy, saw you corrected the wishful thinking that they'd be requiring harness to 65#s! :whistle: I had a thread going at BBC & asked about that, since skinny kids out grow a Frontier at 40-50#s, can't see how I'd harness my long torso skinny kid being on the top Radian slots for FF at 38#!

I'm all for it, I'd put my kid in it, but as far as I know that seat doesn't exist....And, RF to 35#s, works for my family in my car, but think baby steps making people do to 22#s, then maybe 30#s...My guy was 4 before he hit 35#s...I agree he should be RF, but don't think others would be ok with that...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC