Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Tether Anchors in Silhouette/Venture

I have a 99 Olds Silhouette (Van...Basically the same as a chevy venture). I do not have an owners manual, or can't find it. Does it have tether anchor points that I don't know about, or can they be installed? At the end of the year DD#1 will probably be moving to FF b/c she'll be hitting 35lbs, and I'd like to be able to tether her seat. (I think anyways, I weighed her yesterday and she was still only 31lbs...which she has been for some time. Height-wise, she'll be pushing the top of her Scenera by then though. Thanks!!!
    Kathleen
    Wife to Mr. Mike and Mom to:
    B - 16, C - 15, T - 15, A - 14, H - 12,
    L - 10, J - 8, A - 8, R - 20mo!!
    I am seat and cover shopping!! 😁

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Tether Anchors in Silhouette/Venture

Unfortunately, Pre-2001 information must be obtained from the dealer, as part numbers change over time.
    California, CPST

Carseat Crazy

Argh, the dealer says they don't know anything b/c it's pre-2001!!!!
    Kathleen

Dealers are usually useless with this stuff ... try contacting the manufacturer direct My 2005 LATCH manual says:

Most General Motors vehicles manufactured in or after 1989 are tether-compatible.
    GM will provide and install free of charge one Top Tether Hardware Package.
    Technical Service Bulletin #990940004 January 2000 (EV1 & Prizm are excluded).
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

1-800-442-6537

Carseat Crazy

Awesome, okay well today I am at work (we own a shop...thus the name!) and looked online at our repair guide, got the numbers and called our dealer in town back. The guy in the parts dept. is a good friend, he just didn't know where to look. The nice thing about the repair program is it gives me part numbers and labor charges...and the tsb (technical service bulletin) says they have to provide the anchors free of charge, and are supposed to do the install free to!

It's something I can look up at work, or even at home I guess, so if someone has a pre-2001 vehicle and questions about tethers, I might be able to help with looking it up. Just send me a pm!
    Kathleen