Question about 1990 seat

oxeye

No - not something I found on craigslist. :) I was just remembering tonight a car seat that my little sister rode in. She was born in 1989 and I remember a seat my mom bought for her when she was 6 months old or so (so in 1990).

Anyway - it was a seat where you could push a button to swivel it around from RF to FF without uninstalling the seat. I don't know what made me think of it, but I was curious if anyone else here remembers those or knows what that was? I imagine that it couldn't have been very safe. Car seats have come a long way in 17 years. :)

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Renolux Turn-a-tot. I had the same kind, but without the turn. The company has been sued to death. It was supposed to be a good car seat at the time. Check my signature, the rear facing car seat was my renolux. I still have it!

oxeye

Wow - I found some pics by googling it. That's definitely the seat! How cool that you still have it. ;)

It makes me wonder what car seats will be like in another 15 years.

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
A friend was raving about her friend's cool seat and it was purple and it swiveled and she was going to get that one. This was in 2000, luckily she couldn't find it :p

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It had to be forward faced at 17 lbs. My son was foward facing when we were rear ended. He was about 9 monthes old.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
It had to be forward faced at 17 lbs. My son was foward facing when we were rear ended. He was about 9 monthes old.

but that was actually a good thing, right? Aren't rear-endings the one crash where FF is actually better than RF?? Or am i mixed up here?

JaRylan

O/T - Judi, that is such a nice picture in your avatar! Now I'm off to google the seat you guys are talking about for a closer look.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Thanks! I was thinking of using the pic of the dog in a car seat...but I guess the new hubby will have to do.

Here is a pic of a Renolux. Mine looked like this but a didn't color.
images.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC