Hey Cathy - 2 Regents & RF Boulevard in the 2005 Dodge Ram

MsFacetious

I had to take the Boulevard out to put the new cover on it. So I flipped it around and I could get it in rear facing. Not as easy as forward facing but it was doable. Just have to be careful to make sure that each seat is installed independently... and install the Regents first! Definitely. Otherwise it would be nearly impossible to buckle the seatbelt on the Regents.

If you are using LATCH for the Regents, then you could install the Scenera first. Because the Regent LATCH can be tightened through the belt path instead of reaching around like buckling the seatbelt.

As far as tethering, I tried to get a picture but it didn't happen. What I did was tether them before installing them. (Thanks to whoever suggested that!) Tighten them as much as possible. To tighten it I reached up to the release lever on the tether and pulled on that part to keep the strap straight. Then tightened a little at a time, until it was tight enough that I couldn't tighten it anymore... if that makes sense. Then I installed them with the seatbelt. The tethers are not rock solid, but they are "taut" just not "tight" like I'm used to. It would at least help and it's better than nothing. Since I'm using the long belt path lap shoulder belt install with the recline bar and my kids are only 35lbs I don't *have* to tether. But I sure tried to do it as good as possible!

You could also try putting the Regents next to each other and the Scenera outboard. (If you get a better install with the Scenera using LATCH). Unless there is a reason you don't want to do that. :) But I have put two Regents side by side so it can be done.

I'm interested to see if this can be pulled off in a ford too. :)

Good luck and have fun!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC