Radian 80 pillow problem

diaperjoys

We received our Radian 80 today, and I'm having some trouble with the pillow. The manual says I can attach it with a couple straps, but I cannot find the straps they are referring to - there are no strings or straps attached to the pillow itself, and nothing that I can find on the seat either. I did a search on the forum, and a few threads came up, but I remain clueless. Can anyone tell me how to attach it??

I'm wanting to use the body support pillow as a head pillow for a 34 lb rf toddler.

Thanks!

ADS

christineka

There should be some long, black strings attached to the body support pillow. If you don't have any attached, maybe a call to customer service is in order.

Chely7425

We have an 80SL and do this... the body pillow of ours have 2 black straps coming off them that we ust tuck under the cover... would it help if I ran out and took pics?

diaperjoys

We have an 80SL and do this... the body pillow of ours have 2 black straps coming off them that we ust tuck under the cover... would it help if I ran out and took pics?

It is sounding like something is missing from our pillow - there is nothing attached to it anywhere. I'll go ahead and call customer service on Monday & see if we can get it taken care of.

Thanks!

amelia222

Mine doesn't have the strings either. I think I remember reading here that they stopped putting them on. What is your dom? Mine is sept '10

sunnymw

Neither of mine have them but they are the XT and XTSL so I guess they wouldn't need to be used as head pillows.

My RN80 had them though.

dawnp15

Yes the newer models no longer have the strings on them. My dec '09 has them and my aug '10 does not. I guess they need to update their manual to reflect the changes.

diaperjoys

Would there be anything wrong with sewing strings on the pillow so that it can be secured as per the manual's instructions??

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Yes the newer models no longer have the strings on them. My dec '09 has them and my aug '10 does not. I guess they need to update their manual to reflect the changes.

How is one expected to keep the pillow up there without the straps?

dawnp15

Yeah know that's a good question. Obviously it won't be an issue when used as an infant support cause it's down at the bottom of the seat, but when used for a toddler pillow i don't think it will stay up well. Maybe contact SK and see what they say about it, well anyone than Russ i would suggest lol!!!

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Yeah know that's a good question. Obviously it won't be an issue when used as an infant support cause it's down at the bottom of the seat, but when used for a toddler pillow i don't think it will stay up well. Maybe contact SK and see what they say about it, well anyone than Russ i would suggest lol!!!

I'm sure he's NEVER HEARD OF a pillow without straps! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC