Bitter Sweet feelings over . . .

Jewels

Senior Community Member
selling my infant carseat, crib and highchair :crying:

It is sort of a bitter sweet feeling. If we do have another one I would want a different carseat, the crib isn't a big deal I never really LOVED it, the highchair I really liked but we moved and now I have a really small kitchen and it just wouldn't work.

I can't believe how many people have called. The carseat is sold, and I have 3 people wanting the crib and someone interested in the highchair.

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
WARNING...the moment you sell all that stuff, you'll find a need for it!

I had a yard sale, and sold off all the rest of my 'baby' gear a few years ago...the following spring I started my home daycare and had to turn around and replace it all! LOL

lovinwaves

Oh my gosh, I totally know how you feel. I felt like I sold my kid when I sold my P3 the other week LOL! Ok, not really but you know what I mean.

Michi

I know how you feel! :(
I have our changing table downstairs and I can't tell you how many excuses I made not to get rid of it...( it can be a toy/book shelf, gift wrap station, etc.) I just need to sell it and free up space...but that's too sad!

( and don't even get me started on the bassinets! - aren't they great doll beds?!) ;)

amy919

I'm facing the same dilemma right now. My garage is full of baby stuff and I figure that even IF we decide to go for #3, I'll want new stuff. I've decided to keep my pack and play, but I'm ready to ditch the crib and bureau/changing table combo. I figure that since we co-sleep, the crib is useless anyway.

I'm just tryingto figure out the best way to sell it. Did you put your stuff on Craigslist?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In my personal experience, selling baby equipment is a sure fire way to get an unexpected BFP. :rolleyes: :love:

Ayup... I was SO done, gave every last baby and little kid thing away, then ooops, here's my sweet Leah.. (boy I had fun buying a million new things for her, though... :D)

oxeye

Awww, yeah I had mixed feelings when I got rid of a lot of the baby stuff. Fortunately it's just all passed down to my sister so I'd get it back if I ended up pg again.

I was sad at first to see it go, but then it felt like a huge weight was lifted - I'm definitely ready to be done with little baby stuf!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I'm just tryingto figure out the best way to sell it. Did you put your stuff on Craigslist?
Our Craigslist isn't really active, but we have online site for our community and surrounding area. I sold my carseat and crib (I listed them this morning & got what I asked for them!), all I have left now is my highchair.

If we have another I would love to have a SS1 (one reason I decided to sell). We have friends that don't want to ever sell their crib (beautiful wood sleigh crib; nicer then mine) who said they would borrow to us if we need it. For the highchair, I just don't have room in my kitchen so I will just use a booster seat with a tray because they don't take up as much room. I liked the recline on my highchair; before I had a large kitchen so I pulled it around with me, I figurenext time the baby wouldn't really use the recline anyway so I would just jump to a booster :rolleyes:
This is the one I have and I love it!
B7275_b_1.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC