What would you do with this seat??

momof2kiddos

I have a graco snugride that was manufactured in 2004.It has only been used 8 months in total out of my two babies and stored in my bedroom closet when not in use.I tried to sell it but no one on craiglists or around me wanted it and I am moving in a few days.It hasn't been in a accident and is in good condition but I don't want to set it out by the trash like it is because i lost the manual and I don't want someone to misuse it.So should I just take a sledge hammer to it?Or is there something else I can do?

ADS

Dillipop

Could you print out the manual from online and donate it to a shelter in your area? Or a program for low income families?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Or could you list it on your local freecycle?

Did you try lowering the price on the craigslist. Not sure if you have a used.com site around you, but that's where I sell my stuff since Craigslist hasn't caught on around here.

I definitely wouldn't destroy a perfectly good seat though. Some baby could ride safely in it who otherwise might be in an expired or otherwise unsafe seat. :twocents:

momof2kiddos

Thanks everyone.I tried to sell it on craigslists for $10 and I got a few emails but no one followed through and then i tried to give it away for free to a low income family on craiglists again I got a few emails but no follow throughs.:rolleyes:

I will call my firestation today and find a shelter.

southpawboston

i would download the manual from graco... it's freely available, and donate it to a shelter. i'd rather see it go to a a family who could really use it, and would rather see old/damaged/expired seats go to techs for instructional purposes... and definitely don't destroy it... it's got two years of life left and has been well taken care of!

ETA: if you have any problems D/Ling the manual, i have a copy i can email you... just PM me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC