New Seat for 03 Matrix/00 CRV

Kimberly

We own a 2003 Toyota Matrix and a 2000 CRV. Our daughter is is currently RFing in an Evenflo Triumph Advance. I love the seat for how it adjusts, with the knob on the side. But, she is now 2.5 yrs old, 34" tall, and about 26lbs. I am finding it harder to lift her up over the side of the seat, without wacking her head, poor kid! :)

We only have one seat, which is a pain when my husband drops her off, then I pick her up from the sitter. So, we are looking for a second seat.

I have read a lot of posts about the radian, including the successful install thread. I have come across a few posts that say it was hard to install in a Matrix rear-facing. Just wondering if anyone has an recent experience with this?

We live 90 minutes from the nearest place we can test out seats, but there is a Toys r Us in that city. I was thinking Britax or the Radian but any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kim

ADS

chay

Toys R Us won't have the Radian, you'll have to find a specialty baby store for that (hopefully someone out that way can say where).

Here's the list of techs and there are a few in Nova Scotia. If you're really lucky one might be close by, own a Radian and want to have a car seat play date....
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=67767

I did put one in a 99 CRV once. The passenger seat had to be moved up a bit but it wasn't too bad IIRC.

amyd

If you'll be headed to HRM, you can try out a Radian at the Royal Diaperer on Sackville Dr in Lower Sackville. Sears is carrying the Radian XT now too, but only the XT & in only 1 colour, I believe, at least in store.

cbf123

We moved from an EFTA to a rear-facing RadianXT in an 05 Matrix, which should be similar to yours.

The Radian is really easy to install if you don't care about the front passenger leg room. :) I used the "push down at the bight" trick to get as upright an install as possible using LATCH, and then we put the front passenger seat one notch more upright than it was previously. Together this gives enough leg room for a passenger, though with not much to spare.

It will also install in the center using the seatbelt and will be more upright. In our case we wanted the middle space as a buffer so the toddler doesn't poke the baby's eyes. "Daddy...Ian eyes!" "Yes, those used to be Ian's eyes...."

LittlePeanut

I have an '06 Vibe which should be similar. I have an older MA, an XT and a Scenera I can try out in it for you. I'm in the HRM if you'd like to meet up and try them in your vehicle too. Where are you located?

Kimberly

Thanks! Those tips are great! It is good to know that it did fit ok in an 05, which should be similar. I am in Stellarton, and would love to try those seats if it works out the next time I am in the city! That would be wonderful!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC