I need some help...

doriansmummy

I am really lost with all this booster business.:eek: I need some help on what I should get for DS. It will only be used for when we are going on a plane at this point, but once he is ready he will use it full time. He is 8 and 4'2 I think and about 60lbs.

Here is what I need in a booster:

- Can go on the plane as carry on, possibly a folding booster could work?
- Fits without LATCH, we do not have in either of our cars
- Comfortable

Any input on what booster sounds like a good fit for us?

ADS
L

LuciaBella

Boosters are not allowed on a plane, so I'd suggest bringing a harnessed seat to install that is FAA approved, or let him sit in the seat with the lap belt.

For regular car usage, I'd recommend the Monterey (has LATCH but I don't know if you have to use it) or the Parkway SG. They tend to fit older children better.

Laurette

I don't think she want's to USE it on the plane, just bring it as a carry on to store and use at the destination.

OP, Sorry I don't have any reccomendations. Although, I have allways wanted to get a Saftey First GO, but that is a harness.

crunchierthanthou

The folding ones haven't had a great track record in terms of seatbelt fit. I think the new Compass Pathway may be the exception to that. I don't know how tall it is, though.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Compass-Pathway-Adjustable/dp/B003ES4SBM"]Amazon.com: The First Years Compass Pathway B570 Adjustable Belt Path Booster, Bumble Bee: Baby[/ame]

I'd consider ones that convert to a backless. Then you can carry the bottom portion on the plane and check the back in your luggage. Then you at least have a backless at your destination should something happen to your bags, but don't have to carry a full high back through the airport or store it on the plane. Parkway SG, Monterey, even a TurboBooster are decent options.

I probably wouldn't go for one of the heavier ones that incorporate rigid LATCH, like the Oobr or Cybex X-fix.

L

LuciaBella

The first years is an Ok choice, but it has lower slots than the Monterey and Parkway. Those both can fold into 2 pieces very easily so you can stow it above.

babyherder

Do want him to have a highback for the trip or are you staying with the idea of a backless? I know you'll want him in something more substantial at home but I think if you're going backless on the trip whatever cheap, lightweight backless fits him best is fine. Having an extra booster is always a good idea! (Says the person who had 3 backless and one combo seat before they got crashed). Later, when you don't have to worry about transporting it, get whatever highback you like.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC