Frontier or Prosport

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Which would you chose and why? They are the same price, and I don't know which one to get.

This seat would be for Anna, who is 5. She weighs 44 pounds and is 43 inches tall. And it would be installed in an 09 Town and Country and occasionally in an 07 F-250.

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

There are lots of things I love about my RPS, but it does have some incompatibility issues when it comes to the shoulder/lap belt install. See here. If you have some place to go and try them out first, then do that. They're both great, I'd just go with whatever one you like better.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I don't have anywhere to try them out at. All we have here is Walmart, Target and Kmart. Closest BabiesRUs is 1500 miles away!

glockchick

I've never tried the Prosport, but I love the Frontier. As an added bonus, it has a higher harness than the PS. ;)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I really want to love the PS, but the short seat depth just irritates me on all the Recaro seats. It's a deal breaker for me. We love the Frontier, and love cupholders - it's a fab seat for little kids, big kids, pre-teens, and kids sleep well in it. I'd get another one in a heartbeat!

luvsviola

I had DD sit in both last weekend at Bye Bye Baby, and she preferred the Frontier. She already has a Frontier, so it may have swayed her opinion some, but she said the Frontier was more comfy (which seems counter intuitive to me, since the Recaro is way more padded).

Mommy0608

I have a Frontier 85 and a '09 Grand Caravan, which is basically the same seating as a T&C. Do you have Stow-n-Go seats? The Frontier 85 installs BEAUTIFULLY in my van! I absolutely love it! :love: I have no experience with using it in a truck though. Oh, and DD (44" and 30lbs) loves it, too. When DS exceeds the RF limits of his Radian, he will be getting one also. :)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I have a Frontier 85 and a '09 Grand Caravan, which is basically the same seating as a T&C. Do you have Stow-n-Go seats? The Frontier 85 installs BEAUTIFULLY in my van! I absolutely love it! :love: I have no experience with using it in a truck though. Oh, and DD (44" and 30lbs) loves it, too. When DS exceeds the RF limits of his Radian, he will be getting one also. :)

I have the swivel-n-go seats.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC