Harness and buckle tongues

AtTheSouthDam

Why does the harness need to come from the back of the buckle tongues and over them to go from the hips to the shoulder slots? I noticed all the seats are routed this way.

I started pondering it when DD2 was complaining today the buckle was digging in her belly. If the harness strap over her shoulders came from the back of the buckle tongues it wouldn't be an issue. Don't panic about her harness though, I am just going to put the belly pad back on ;)

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I think European seats are routed the 2nd way you described (assuming I understood your description right).

Oh, and thank you for saying "tongues". :thumbsup:

AtTheSouthDam

I think European seats are routed the 2nd way you described (assuming I understood your description right).

Oh, and thank you for saying "tongues". :thumbsup:

So did I but I am having trouble finding even European seats with that routing. I am thinking they changed it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
So did I but I am having trouble finding even European seats with that routing. I am thinking they changed it.
Interesting. I thought one of the reasons they did it was due to their lack of chest clips and that routing "stayed" better...although I don't recall where I got that from, maybe I am just making it up. :ROTFLMAO:

sunnymw

Interesting. I thought one of the reasons they did it was due to their lack of chest clips and that routing "stayed" better...although I don't recall where I got that from, maybe I am just making it up. :ROTFLMAO:

No, that would make sense. I know with DS1's old BV, there would be a huge gap around his belly area no matter how tight the harness was. It wouldn't have been there had it been routed differently.

I recall seeing a few Euro seats with this routing... the TWE comes to mind but the Graco Duologic isn't that way nor is the brio zento.

http://www.fotoknudsen.no/archive61.../medium/160820071804d9XEejdZqvHGC11SMU.jpg?40
http://www.fotoknudsen.no/archive57.../medium/210620071604WfuTIQx6V1kCURKvnz.JPG?42

Cilia

Here is a picture of a Britax Freeway sold in Sweden until 2008 (I think)
8925846743.jpg
. The harness is routed the other way

AtTheSouthDam

So, if there any danger in routing the YS the other way? I forgot how much I hate that belly pad. It doesn't stay on well :mad:

finn

Here is a picture of a Britax Freeway sold in Sweden until 2008 (I think)
8925846743.jpg
. The harness is routed the other way

I have this seat, its awesome :)

My MT is routed the same way as your seats. I also have a Nania Beway (horrible European seat) that is routed the same way as your seats.

Cilia

I have this seat, its awesome :)

My MT is routed the same way as your seats. I also have a Nania Beway (horrible European seat) that is routed the same way as your seats.

I have it too - in Sweden.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC