Side Impact Testing Videos

DabOfLoven

I can't understand all of it since it's in German, but I can get it translated by my BIL if ya'll want me too. The video is at the bottom of the page. Click where it says "Die Gefahr droht von der Seite" which means "The Danger From the Side". It also shows towards the end Airbag deployments as well.

Edited to add: I'm going to get my bil to transcript it. I want to know what they are saying.

http://www1.adac.de/Verkehr/sicher_...ion=teaser&referer=/Auto_Motorrad/default.asp

I received the translation from my BIL this morning. This is what is being said...

"The Danger is From The Side"
ADAC Child Seat Test
During a traditional ADAC child seat test, both the latest models on the market as
well as seats that have been modified by manufacturers were tested.
During the side impact test - the second most common accident type - not a single
"very good" was issued.
SPEAKER: "The side impact test isn't a legal requirement yet, so some child seat
manufacturers don't take this into consideration when developing their products,
and so they end up failing our tests."
In the 0+ catagory, up to 13 kilos, 1.5 years of age, the Nania Be-One SP received
a rating of "good".
The I'COO C-Care Plus only managed to receive a rating of "inadequate/deficient"
In the 0+, I catagory, up to 18 kilos, up to 4 years of age, the HTS Besafe iZi Combi
X2 had to make do with a rating of "adequate/sufficient".
In the I, II catagory, 9-25 kilos, 1 to 7 years of age, the Britax Multi-Tech only
received a rating of "adequate/sufficient".
In the I, II, III catagory, 9-36 kilos, 1 to 12 years of age, the Chicco Neptune received
a rating of "inadequate/insufficient".
In the II, III catagory, 15-36 kilos, 4 to 12 years of age, the Sunshine Kids Monterey
Booster received a rating of "good".
In the II, III catagory, 15-36 kilos, 4 to 12 years of age, the Recaro Start 2.0 received
a rating of "satisfactory".
Baby seats are only allowed to be used on the front passenger seat if the seat
manufacturer has stated this in writing and the passenger side airbag has been
deactivated.
The ADAC demonstrates during a test what otherwise can happen if these
stipulations are not observed (see video for test).
The airbag strikes the child with its full impact and the impact applied to the
sensitive neck of the child is twice that applied without an airbag.
Extremely serious injuries (including a broken neck) could result.
SPEAKER: "The airbag comes out of the dash at a very high velocity, something
like 250kph, and strikes the baby seat, knocking it and the baby back with extreme
force.

Last edited:
ADS

DabOfLoven

Bumping it since translation has been added. I realize they have different standards on testing, and different kind of seats. But interesting results non the less. Makes me want a Montery more now though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC