Safety 1st Car Seat Selector

BabyKaykes

How long has this been around?

I just went there via a link from their facebook page. I put in DS's info and got a bunch of convertibles and combos (he fits in them all) and NOT ONE booster recc. I was mildly impressed.

ADS

Pixels

Hmm. I'm unimpressed. For my 2yo, 25 lb, 36 inch child, it recommended only the AOE and Avenue. No Complete Air, no Rumi, no Apex, no onSide, no Vantage or Summit. Not that I would FF my daughter, but they don't even list them as options.

Playing more, if I leave my child's age off, only entering height and weight, all those choices come up.

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
For my DS(33in, 23lbs, 2yrs) I get an AOE, All-in-one and Avenue.

Without his age I get added(I also get this if I put just his height in): CALX, CA65, CALX65, OnSide Air, Go Hybrid Booster

No age, no height, just weight I get: AOE, CALX, CALX65, Rumi, OnBoard 35, Go Hybrid Booster, Apex 65, All-in-one

I'm not really impressed since the only one with all his states gave me two crappy 3-in-1s and the Avenue.

christineka

I tried my 7 year old and got all the combo seats. My 5 year old got a couple more combo seat options. I guess they don't have the new air boost in the selector.

ownedbyhorses

wierd..My 2yr old (just turned 2) when I put his age in, all it gives me is the AOE, avenue, and all in one. He is 36" and 30#s.
When I take out his age it lists alot of different options....Rumi, CA, AOE, GO Hybrid booster :eek:, Vantage :eek:, Summit :eek:, Apex, All in one, And so on!

That upset me. Being they recommend those seats w/o knowing a childs age. That and he is under 40#s..Just my personal opinion. So, If he is 2yrs old he should not have a Rumi or a CA, but if the age is unknown with those measurements, it is ok?? WOW, That is messed up! I can see some ppl putting their LOs in a booster early if they don't have any clue and just go by that!
Lets see what it says for my 6mth old...
It did the same thing...with the age, it listed the same seats it recommended for my 2yr old. But w/o the age, it recommended the CA, Rumi. Glad it did not list the boosters for her..:eek:
ETA: For my 47" 5yr old it listed the same seats again...Which I KNOW he does not fit into. His torso is too long. But it did list harnessed seats for him.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
It tells me I should spend $80 on a 22 lb bucket for my 18 lb 6 month old :mad: great value there.
The other seats it gives me are the AOE, Avenue, and the All in One. If I leave his age out it adds the On Board Air, Complete Air models, and the Onside Air.

How does that make sense? A 22 lb bucket for an 18 lb child but not the On Board that he might actually get some use out of before it is outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC