Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

or do the "new generation" Britax seats suck!?

I was so excited to finally be able to justify a cowmoo ANYTHING because of the 40lb rf limit but when I went to try and put my 36" 30# 2 year old in the new MA he barely had 2" of shell above his head. I have SO MUCH room above my TF, and Radian I guess I'm spoiled. I hated how shallow the seat was too. I guess I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one!

What would be a real dream is if the True Fit came in a higher RFing limit and had a Britax harness. Poop. LOL

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Is it just me?

Maybe a stupid question, but did you squeeze the grey handle on the top of the seat and raise the headrest?? The harness is non-threading, it raises like the Alpha Elites or Complete Air's.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Raising the headrest wouldn't make a difference. Britax has stated that the child needs an inch of shell (not headrest) over his/her head, and the shell is shorter on the new seats. A lot of people are not impressed.

I hate it too

Loo Loo Bee! 3 Years!RF in a Shadow Radian SL 80FF in Frontier 85

I've played with a couple of the new gen seats recently, and I am of mixed opinion. They aren't great seats from the perspective of following best practice (ERF or HWH) but they do have some good ease of use features. I think for the typical parent, they are just fine. Would I buy one? Probably not.
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).