Eddie Bauer?

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I'm overwhelmed by the car seats on the market. Today I went to BRU and purchased the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 Convertible seat. Now, someone had once told me that getting a convertible seat was better than getting a 3 in 1. What's the difference and have I purchased a good seat? We have a small sedan and it looked like some would have been too large for our backseat.
Should I keep this carseat or is there a better one out there? We paid $239 (In Canada) and our son is 4 months, 16.5 lbs and 26 inches. we would like to keep him in this seat for at least 4 years.

Thanks!

ADS

selinajean

In my opinion, if you want to use the car seat for the next 4 years you should probably return that one and get a different seat. While some children will fit the harness at 4 or 5 years, most don't. It makes a very poor booster seat as well, so just ignore the fact that they advertise it as one.

The harness is higher on the new models than on the older ones, but for the money that you paid you could get something that will give you another inch of harness height plus more allowance on the weight limits too.

Oh, I wanted to say also that looks can be deceiving. Ask BRU to please allow you to try all of the suitable seats in your car, fully installed. You won't know if it is a good fit in your car until it is properly installed.

amyd

It's okay as a rear-facing & forward-facing seat. Bad fit as a booster, as Selina mentioned. What do you drive? A better option for a long-term seat, would be a larger convertible like the First Years True Fit or the Safety First Complete Air. Both of those seats have the potential to get a child to a safe booster age (around 5 years old). What do you drive?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC