Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eddie Bauer?

Unregistered

Eddie Bauer?

Hi,
    I'm overwhelmed by the car seats on the market. Today I went to BRU and purchased the Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 Convertible seat. Now, someone had once told me that getting a convertible seat was better than getting a 3 in 1. What's the difference and have I purchased a good seat? We have a small sedan and it looked like some would have been too large for our backseat.
    Should I keep this carseat or is there a better one out there? We paid $239 (In Canada) and our son is 4 months, 16.5 lbs and 26 inches. we would like to keep him in this seat for at least 4 years.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Eddie Bauer?

In my opinion, if you want to use the car seat for the next 4 years you should probably return that one and get a different seat. While some children will fit the harness at 4 or 5 years, most don't. It makes a very poor booster seat as well, so just ignore the fact that they advertise it as one.

The harness is higher on the new models than on the older ones, but for the money that you paid you could get something that will give you another inch of harness height plus more allowance on the weight limits too.

Oh, I wanted to say also that looks can be deceiving. Ask BRU to please allow you to try all of the suitable seats in your car, fully installed. You won't know if it is a good fit in your car until it is properly installed.
    Selina - Canadian Mom. BC CPST
    James (04/12/02) 84# In a SK Monterey
    Nicholas (09/02/07) 34.5# FF in a Britax FrontierXT and giving me anxiety over the switch forward

Re: Eddie Bauer?

It's okay as a rear-facing & forward-facing seat. Bad fit as a booster, as Selina mentioned. What do you drive? A better option for a long-term seat, would be a larger convertible like the First Years True Fit or the Safety First Complete Air. Both of those seats have the potential to get a child to a safe booster age (around 5 years old). What do you drive?
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris