WWYD?

icnee

I have a mom that wants her seats checked and I want to do it for her,I 'm just not sure what to do a bout her oldest he is 8 and BIG 97# and tall but he does not pass the 5 step test (I got a quick peek at him today) Mom does not have much to spend if any thing at all. I told her about the Harmony at Toyrus and she wants to get that wich is good but she has no head restraints and low seat backs. She is hoping to swich vehicals with a famy member but doesnt know if it will pan out.

I have Isaiahs Monterey that he nolonger needs but this boy really needs some thing, would you give it to him. I have no problem giving seats away, its just that the last time I gave away an expensive seat the family stopped useing it for the child that needed it and ffed their 8mo in it.

Please tell me if I made the right choice with this part or not when I met mom today she was picking up the kids andput the baby ffing d side and a 3yo in a backless p side and was going to put the 8yo in the center lap only. I told her the risks of lap only (On his belly) and no head restaint but there is also risks of the air bag. She decided to put him in the front the lap portoin was a little better and the shoulder belt was touching his nech but not going right over it and seat moved back. I didnt want to be too invasive cause I really want her to come do a seat check.

Please tell me What you would do or would have done was I wrong to put him in the front, Ideally I would have rfed the baby in the center and put him out board but I was affraid of being too pushy and her not comming.

TIA

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
With no headrests, he was better off in the front.

What about this seat: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Juvenile-Dreamtime-Comfort-Booster-Car-Seat-Silver/10992659

I'm not sure how tall it goes but it's a HBB and less than $50. I'd hesitate to give away the Monterey just like you said, if people are not going to truly change the way they do things, you just wasted a great seat.

The very best thing would be to get the 3yo in a Maestro in the center, baby RF outboard, and the 8yo in a HBB on the other outboard.
If she really cannot afford that many seats, I'd get the baby and 3yo first. The 8yo can sit in the front in the Harmony backless booster for now.
Is there a Safe Kids location where she can get a seat for one of the little ones? Or both? Heck, even a backless booster too. I know around here, they charge something like $20 for a convertible or combination and $15 for a HBB, $10 for a backless. That's at the Health Dept.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC