Recommend wooden toys for 3-year-old?

mom2juliarose

I am looking for a birthday present for my niece who will be 3. I'm looking along the lines of Melissa and Doug or some other wooden toys... DD got the See & Spell at 3... I like the beginner pattern blocks... the food toys would be fun...

Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it under $25, as I'm also sending her a HUGE box of DD's old clothes (not for her birthday, obviously, but that's going to cost me a bunch in shipping).

ADS

Athena

Does she have a kitchen? Because Melissa and Doug's cutting food set is wonderful and includes a nice selection of fruits, vegetables, and breads along with a cutting board and knife for only $14.03 on Amazon.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Cutting-Food-Box/dp/B000GKD09C/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285350938&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box: Toys & Games[/ame]
I wasn't sure how hard the cutting would be, but even my 2 year old can do it and both my 2 and 4 year olds have a lot of fun with it. That's the only one we have so far, but they have a lot of really interesting looking food sets, even sushi and stir fry sets.

We don't have the older pattern block set yet, but we do have the beginner pattern block set and my 4 yo spent a lot of time playing with that, I think it was last year.

We also like the lacing beads, but probably not as much as those discussed above. And if she likes music, the band in a box is fun. Based on my kids, I'd say you can't go wrong with the cutting food sets, assuming she likes playing kitchen. HTH.

Last edited:

natysr

I agree. Jordan had a food cutting set (though his was plastic) and he absolutely loved it!

Another idea (though it is not wooden) but is VERY nice, is a set of Wedgits. They also come in pink and purple. These are amazing! Very educational too.

aeormsby

My DD has this and really likes dressing them up (so much better than the paper dolls her grandmas keep giving her). [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Magnetic-Dress-Up/dp/B0012GV1HM/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1285362559&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Melissa & Doug Abby & Emma Deluxe Magnetic Dress-Up: Toys & Games[/ame]

DD also got one of these for her 3rd birthday: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Pattern-Blocks-Boards/dp/B00006JZCG/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1285362655&sr=1-3"]Amazon.com: Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards: Toys & Games[/ame]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC