Sitting right at the weight

dragonfly8

to remove the safe stop from C's FF radian. He was at the Dr's yesterday and when weighed, the scale said 40.3 lbs.

But, he was wearing sweat pants, a pull up, a t shirt, socks and a fleece hoodie, but no shoes. And the reason I am hesitating to think that he's a good 40 lbs is that his weigh tends to fluctuate, just 3 months ago he was 37lbs. We've been getting him to drink pediasure, only because alot of the time his diet is so crummy (he has chronic idiopathic constipation). But, I suppose if the scale yesterday said 40lbs, then I should remove the safe stop. If he drops back down below 40, he's still okay though, right? I mean, RN is the only seat that I'm aware of that even has a safe stop.

Guess I get to play with my seats again today!
Yay!!!

ADS

Pixels

I would leave the SafeStop on until he is consistently over 40 pounds. That is what a SKJP engineer (Dave) suggested. The weight limit on the SafeStop used to be 48 pounds, so it's better to have it on when the child is 41 pounds than to have it off when the child is 39 pounds.

The transcript of the chat with Dave can be found in the Articles forum.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The safestop should be left on until a child is definitely over 40lbs and staying over 40lbs. :thumbsup:

From the sounds of it your son may have just had a "heavy" day and is likely not consistently over 40lbs. I'd leave it on for now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC