Boost and Buckle ad on tv

ADS

annb

I can just hope the guy we saw whose 3 yr old was standing up in his truck--while he was driving down a busy 4 lane road-- saw it.

munchkin

I saw that ad too and was unimpressed with the seats and the ages of the kids in boosters. I wish they had shown more older booster riders and more rf and ff harnessed kids.

Side note: where in MO are you? I am in the stl area, there are a couple more around here.

Evolily

It looks like it is 10 years old. I think it's pretty good. 90% of the battle is getting parents to use their seat and actually buckle their children into the seat without 1 foot of slack in the harness. Generally speaking there isn't funding for government programs to create new PSA's with any level of frequency. A video created today would look antiquated 10 years from now.

Last edited:

tjham

True!

I think most parents (excluding *us* ;) ) wouldn't notice the old seats. I think it actually shows pretty good usage for the general population.

munchkin

It looks like it is 10 years old. I think it's pretty good. 90% of the battle is getting parents to use their seat and actually buckle their children into the seat without 1 foot of slack in the harness. Generally speaking there isn't funding for government programs to create new PSA's with any level of frequency. A video created today would look antiquated 10 years from now.

But I think that is the exact problem. Parents see these seats and think it is ok to use ones that look like them, whether they are expired, from garage sales, from older siblings/family. I understand there isn't a lot of funding, but to make a cheap video everything 5-10 years shouldn't be that hard. And I think that ad only had one harnessed seat. So is it geared towards harnessing or boostering? Pick one and really focus on it, maybe even give a couple key points such as belt positioning, headrests, etc.

Athena

Anyone else notice the synchronized swimmer moving forward out of booster position to wave to the camera? That seemed really bad to me because most people don't understand the importance of proper booster positioning and why younger kids shouldn't be in boosters because they don't have the impulse control to not to do things like this. So is this actually a good example of why not to put young kids in boosters? :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC