I Need a Parkway

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
For my brother...he will be with us in the car more often now (and hopefully he can convince my mom he loves it and wants it in her car too..thats the goal here) and i love britax...but let me tell you more about him and maybe you can give me your thoughts....i was thinking maybe the compass too whats on sale guys? lol:2thumbsup:

he is 5

65lbs

and about 4'5-6"

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would think either the Parkway or the Compass would be nice seats for you to consider. I haven't seen any recent sales, but I haven't been looking, either.

scatterbunny

I'd try him in a Compass first; it's two inches shorter than the Parkway.

He's big for 5, isn't he? Hayley is big for 5, and she's just barely over 4 feet tall now, with about 2 inches of torso height room in the Compass, and about 4 inches of torso height room in a Parkway.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
lol me either..and i am going to have quite a time convincing dh that my brother (who will be in the car with us 3 times max a week) needs one...but he doessssss:p

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I would have him try it out first, he might not like the wings around his head. If he doesn't mind the wings then I would get one but if he feels too cramped then I would look at something else.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i am not sure how i feel about nbb...what do you gusy think..i wasnt expecting to be booster shopping for quite some time..lol

scatterbunny

I was going to suggest a backless, but the only way I'd go that route is if the Compass is too short and the Parkway is too "huggy" for him.

Oh, consider the Evenflo Confidence, too. Not sure how tall it adjusts, but it's a nice booster, fully lined with EPS foam and easy belt guides, no armrests to get in the way.

cpsaddict

This opinion may not be popular, but have you considered the Graco Turbobooster? My godson is 9 and rather tall and gangly. He is just about 62lbs. He fits with room to spare. TB are generally inexpensive and would work well for a child that would not ride in it all the time. You also might look at the new Evenflo Confidence. Otherwise, the Compass comes in some cool patterns that he might like. :2thumbsup:

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i was thinking about the conf booster too..theyhave them at walmart...i think i will take him "shopping" next tuesday...ill have more money then too :p

scatterbunny

This opinion may not be popular, but have you considered the Graco Turbobooster? My godson is 9 and rather tall and gangly. He is just about 62lbs. He fits with room to spare. TB are generally inexpensive and would work well for a child that would not ride in it all the time. You also might look at the new Evenflo Confidence. Otherwise, the Compass comes in some cool patterns that he might like. :2thumbsup:

The only reason I'd choose a TB over a B510 is the price, and maybe because it can convert to a backless when the child is too tall for the back. The B510 is the same height as the TB, from seating area to shoulderbelt guide, and easier to buckle and has a deeper seating area and deeper headwings.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i really want good head wings...so i dont like the idea of the nbb..but it may be an option if i dont find something etter

scatterbunny

Yeah, that's why I said I'd only go the backless route if he is too tight in the Parkway and too tall for the Compass/Turbo.

The more I think about it, the more I think a Turbo might be better than the Compass, depending on his torso height. If he's only an inch or so away from being too tall, the Compass will be useless when he gets too tall; the Turbo can at least come apart to become a backless to be used later.

scatterbunny

Well...look at the pic of my dd in the Parkway in my signature. The shoulderbelt guide and shoulderbelt should be just a hair above the shoulder. If it's too low (if the child is too tall/long-torsoed) it will fall below the shoulder and the shoulderbelt will then not be positioned properly.

CPSafety is going to have a booster photo album soon, but it's not up yet. :)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
oh okay...so kinda like the foward facing rule..at or above the shoulder (or well just a smidge or above the shoulder...lol)

cpsaddict

The only reason I'd choose a TB over a B510 is the price, and maybe because it can convert to a backless when the child is too tall for the back. The B510 is the same height as the TB, from seating area to shoulderbelt guide, and easier to buckle and has a deeper seating area and deeper headwings.

I forgot about how much wider and deeper the seating area is on the Compass. My godsons sister is a bit, uhhh, wide thighed and she was squished width wise into the Turbo. She fit great in the Compass, though. Her brother is a tiny little string bean at 9 yrs old! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC