Ju Ju Be fans....

Cryssy Jane

We've long outgrown the minibe (although it's great if I only have 1 or 2.) Looking for something bigger. I was looking at the BFF. Anyone have IRL pictures?

I can't seem to find anywhere that carries them in store so I'd be ordering blind and I want to make sure it wouldn't be too big.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

kristen,
packed would be super. I'm thinking for a typical zoo trip we need about 4-6 CDs, 3-4 pull ups just in case. A change of clothes for the littles (so 3 changes of clothes) and 5 sippy cups. Give or take more.
Thanks!

LM4M

CPST Instructor
kristen,
packed would be super. I'm thinking for a typical zoo trip we need about 4-6 CDs, 3-4 pull ups just in case. A change of clothes for the littles (so 3 changes of clothes) and 5 sippy cups. Give or take more.
Thanks!

Got it. Give me a few minutes to round up the goods. BRB

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Alright, I think this is going to be a tight fit, but if you can leave out a cup or maybe take a few sposies for outings, I think you'd be good to go. then again, there's always the BePrepared... I have that, too :whistle:

I had to pack it a few different ways before it fit. **Disclaimer: Please don't mind the wrapping paper and trash/toys on the floor in the background... it's Nolan's birthday today, and his presents are currently covering my floor LOL :eek:

Here we go:

All contents (the bag looks fat because my stuff is still in there). I included 5 cloth dipes (2 FB's, 2 BG 3.0s, 1 BG organic), a pack of wipes, 5 sippys, 5 baby outfits (which would be about the equilvalent of 3 toddler outfits), 4 sposie pull ups.

BFF1.jpg

Two sippys on the outside insulated pockets, two on the back inside pockets (can't do inside end pockets because the outside pockets eat into that space and two cups back to back don't fit). Wipes and pull ups on inside end pockets. Outfits in the bottom.

bff2.jpg

Five dipes added along the top (and I despise "layers" in a diaper bag, so this would bother me but there is simply no other way to pack this many diapers and sippys together)

bff3.jpg

Zipped up, you can see I could not fit this one sippy. FWIW, I don't pack sippys in my bag, I use this- http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536676 to attach them to the stroller. I got mine at BRU for about $4 each.

bff4.jpg

Side view, you can see how packed it is, the changing pad pocket bulges a bit. I don't have the backpack straps attached, I'm using the messenger strap.

bff5.jpg

And for reference, you could still use this front pocket to add your wipes or something else to save space in the main compartment. I keep hand sanitizer, a crayon roll, table covers, baby hat, money, chapstick, feminine pads, breast pads, first aid kit, hair brush, wet wipes, boogie wipes, etc. in there. If this was all removed you could easily make use of this space.

bff6.jpg

I hope that helps you. :)

Cryssy Jane

Thanks that's very helpful. I could use sposies if i had too. We currently use smartioants or flips so I think those would take a little less room. Sippy cups are a must as they fight over cups and we usually bring a giant water bottle and just refill the water cups as needed. Although Madison and Odin are pretty good with cups without lids so i could cut down to three sippys. Hmmm

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Thanks that's very helpful. I could use sposies if i had too. We currently use smartioants or flips so I think those would take a little less room. Sippy cups are a must as they fight over cups and we usually bring a giant water bottle and just refill the water cups as needed. Although Madison and Odin are pretty good with cups without lids so i could cut down to three sippys. Hmmm

If you're taking 5 kids under 3 to the zoo by yourself, you need more than a good diaper bag. I'm thinking drugs and a martini. :whistle:;)

Cryssy Jane

If you're taking 5 kids under 3 to the zoo by yourself, you need more than a good diaper bag. I'm thinking drugs and a martini. :whistle:;)

5 kiddos under 3 with 2 adults. Sometimes only 4 kiddos. The older three are good about holding onto the stroller and such. They're good listeners for their ages.

I'll hit the rest at nap when I'm sitting there going WTF was I thinking. Lol

equilibrium

Bahahaha, this totally made me laugh out loud. Agreed!

Very pretty BFF! Love love love that print. At first, I didn't like it when I saw it on the JJB website but now...it's pure love :)

Now, that sippy tether is interesting. Never seen one! Do you think I could, ahem, harness a Sophie the Giraffe on one? With all strap choking hazards aside...wondering if I could somehow secure her to the stroller-She keeps falling out.

Now, I have a request for a packed BFF....what is the diff of "looks" in terms of wearing it with a long strap or the backpack?

And one more Q- Sorry! Do you like your crayon roll? Someone local to me makes nice ones and thinking of getting some boy ones and girl ones to give away at Xmas....

:)

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Bahahaha, this totally made me laugh out loud. Agreed!

Very pretty BFF! Love love love that print. At first, I didn't like it when I saw it on the JJB website but now...it's pure love :)

Now, that sippy tether is interesting. Never seen one! Do you think I could, ahem, harness a Sophie the Giraffe on one? With all strap choking hazards aside...wondering if I could somehow secure her to the stroller-She keeps falling out.

Now, I have a request for a packed BFF....what is the diff of "looks" in terms of wearing it with a long strap or the backpack?

And one more Q- Sorry! Do you like your crayon roll? Someone local to me makes nice ones and thinking of getting some boy ones and girl ones to give away at Xmas....

:)

I can take pics tomorrow of backpack vs shoulder bag. I think it looks kind of weird shaped as a backpack (wider than it is tall) but it's great when you need two hands and don't really care about looks LOL And it fits on my BJCM beautifully.

I like my crayon roll, we have several. I saw them on etsy and thought no way am I paying that, so I made some. The first one or two was a trial and error thing, to find out how to tuck ends in and how to hide the inner dividing stitches, but then I made 3 or 4 more and they all turned out great. I can take a pic of the inside tomorrow too so you can see how I made it. IMO, *I* can tell I made it, because I see imperfections, but when we're out at a restaurant people alwasy compliment on how nice it is, so it serves it's purpose. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC