Double stroller help

Spam

I think I want to get a double stroller, but can't decide what would be the best option. Austin rides when we go to the mall or other busy indoor place, but at the zoo or similar dh always lets him walk. So, I wonder if a sit'n stand would be good, but then sometimes on shopping trips he sleeps so then i think not a good option. I thought I wanted a bjmicrod but again is the best option? Would an inline be better so A can't attack T if I turn around. Austin is really tall and big so I need something with weight limit of over 40lbs per seat since he's already almost there. Any suggestions? I would like to keep it below $250 since we wouldn't use it all the time. tia

ADS

Athena

Would an inline be better so A can't attack T if I turn around.

Do you have a reason to worry about this? It could go the other way. I've found my kids are happier when they can see each other and interact. I see your baby is still very young and understand you probably would not have reached this stage yet, but it won't be long until your older one may provide some wonderful entertainment for your little one. If they are entertaining each other, you might just be able to get a little shopping done. ;) Just another perspective to consider (like you don't have enough to think about with this decision, right? :D). HTH

Spam

I found a InStep Safari on craigslist for $75 so I think i'll go with that for now, and upgrade later if I find i'm using it a lot and think it's neccessary. I've read some reviews on it and it seems like the seatbacks are short. Anyone know how short? I'm suppossed to go look at the stroller tomorrow and check it out. it's this one http://www.csnstores.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=AAA1157

Jennifer mom to my 7

How long is A's torso? Or, how does he fit in his seat and what seat;) When I went looking at them way back when, I was pg with #5, and wanted to go walk more around town and such for exercise. So, #4 was just over 2, maybe 2.5 when we looked, and her head was already hitting the canopy and over the seat back. Now, she was big, and was probably 40 inches and 38 pounds? She ougrew her marathon by height, 16.5 inch torso, at 3.5 at 42 inches and 42 pounds. It does look like they may have raised the canopy on the new ones, though.

Ooh, just looked again, and it looks like your A is about the same size as my 3.5 year old with his 15.5+ inch torso. I think maybe he would barely fit in an instep, but not sure. I know I have to retire the stroll-air for him, as he is really pushing the canopy up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC