Question Convertible Car Seat Recommendation

U

Unregistered

It's time to upgrade to a convertible car seat for my 18-month old. He only has a few inches left in the chicco keyfit 30 which is installed rear-facing in our middle back seat. With winter weather coming, we'll need an upgrade.

We drive a 2001 Subaru Forester and it is not equipped with latch. We have another baby on the way in April 2011 and I would like to keep that baby installed in the middle seat with the keyfit 30. So - I'm looking for a convertible car seat that will install rear facing on the passenger side (we'll use it in the middle until the baby comes) next to the keyfit 30. I was hoping to get the Radian 65 but it won't fit rear-facing (without us having to hike our front seat to the very front of the car, thus no leg room) and I'm not comfortable turning him forward facing yet... as much as I like that seat.

I'm looking for a seat that has a slim base that will install next to a keyfit 30. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the Maxi-Cosi Priori.
Thank you!

ADS

firemomof3

I would look at the Complete Air :thumbsup: It installs much more upright than a Radian, rf to 40lbs. and is narrow enough where hopefully you'll be able to keep your Keyfit in the middle.
I would skip the Priori because of the short shell and only having a 35lb. rf limit.

U

Unregistered

thank you for responding and for linking me to that post. it is helpful... i was surprised to see a RF Radian on the passenger side. I'm curious if anyone can fit in the front passenger side!

do you have any thoughts on the maxi - cosi priori? I've seen such mixed reviews on here, but it does seem like it's fit in some other foresters really well on this site. The only problem is figuring out if the keyfit 30 can be installed next to it.

Pixels

The Radian is completely incompatible with that generation Forester RFing. The front seat won't lock into an upright position, which is not safe, even if the seat is unoccupied.

I've done a three across in that vehicle (all FFing), and honestly I don't know that there is a way to put two RFing seats side by side. You may have to put both children outboard.

U

Unregistered

thanks firemom. I didn't see your post when I responded to the first reply. I will look into the complete air.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC