• Seat belt no tether, I don't have LATCH in my vehicle

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Seat belt and tether, I don't have LATCH in my vehicle

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Seat belt and tether, I do have LATCH in my vehicle

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • LATCH

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • LATCH but I would like to use seat belt but it would be in the way (thinking minivan)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I have some seats installed with LATCH and some installed with seat belts

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • other

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

skipspin

I have two seats installed with LATCH in my primary vehicle.
Radian center (yes, I have three sets of LATCH)
Combi Connection base outboard.

In our Jeep w/ no LATCH:
Recaro YS w/seatbelt and tethered
WZ RFing w/ seatbelt and tethered

In DH's truck:
Chase center w/ LATCH (center and one outboard LATCH, 3 TAs)
Combi outboard seatbelt w/o base

ADS

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
I agree, the locking clip is absolutely acceptable with a Husky and an ELR belt, I'd feel much safer for my own kid in a locking clipped Husky than a booster (a younger kid, of course...over age 7 or so, I'd probably go booster).

Bethany is 5.5yo, will be 6 in July. 90% of the time she rides in my car in a Husky (using LATCH). We had the Husky installed in dh's car for a long time (close to 2yrs... she outgrew her convertibles by height at 3/3.5yo) installed in the center with a lap belt. When our son was born we moved her outboard and I did the long belt path as per Britax's instructions, but it kept slipping. Beth rarely rides w/ dh and actually during that time period she was riding w/ him only 3-4x/month (before she started going to school).

Meanwhile, we were using her turbobooster as a back up seat. We "practiced" w/ it for two weeks before Ben was born since she was going to ride in it in my friend's car during the time of the birth. Beth was involved in picking it out and fell in love w/ her seat. We had long discussions about how it was only for emergencies and that her other seats kept her safer, etc. She does great w/ the booster and of course likes it better than the Husky.

When we finally figured out that I was going to need to reinstall the Husky w/ a locking clip we weighed all of our options. One of my friends was also looking for a higher weight seat for her son who had already outgrown his AOE and we needed to get Ben is Boulevard. So based on Beth's age, and the small amount of time she's in dh's car, we decided that she would be fine in the Turbobooster.

If we had these issues in our main car, I would have definitely opted to use a locking clip and kept the Husky, but she really doesn't ride that much in it and when balancing everything out... it made the most sense for us at this time.

cpsaddict

I chose other because I have a RF Scenera installed center with the lap belt in my 01 Escape. I do have LATCH, but I cannot seem to get it installed as well with LATCH outboard. The LATCH strap gets caught on the "lip" on the front of the Scenera. I think a lot has to do with my car. The female end of the seatbelts are in a weird place. Also, it is not tethered, obviously!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Right now.... Husky = middle row center: LATCH (as per vehicle manual -- renders both outboard seats useless), tethered to outboard anchor (as per vehicle manual) & B510 = 3rd row center: seatbelt (of course)

Last year.... Recaro Young Sport = middle center: LATCH & SS1 + Husky = both rear outboard: seatbelt (Husky tethered to center anchor as per Britax rep.)

Tara

2 boosters, seat belt only, obviously.
1 RF RA, seat belt install, with tether to front passenger seat leg.
2 seat belt installs in the rear, no tether because I don't know what/where is allowed in my vehicle.

so I voted 'seat belt, no tether' due to my majority ;)

Dillipop

We use 3 vehicles pretty much the same

1999 Buick
Husky seatbelt center tethered
Radian rfing seatbelt outboard tethered

2005 Elantra
Safeguard LATCH outboard tethered
SS1 seatbelt outboard (no tether obviously)

2007 Accord
Marathon ffing seatbelt outboard tethered (I want to change this to LATCH if what Darren says is true about honda's limits)
SS1 seatbelt outboard

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Seat #1 rf MA lap/shoulder belt (using built in lock off)...tethered.
Seat #2 rf SS1 lap only belt
Seat #3 ff DC lap/shoulder belt (using built in lock off)...tethered.
Seat #4 ff RA lap only belt
Seat #5 ff DC lap/shoulder belt (using built in lock off)

skaterbabs

The Futura is installed with a l/s belt in the Jeep and top tethered. The MA is installed with the l/s belt in the Suburban, but not tethered due to no anchors. :rolleyes: The geniouses at the local GM dealer haven't got a clue.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Here is our set up

'05 Chevy Tahoe
Marathon- pass outboard with l/s belt & top tethered. Oldest dd is almost at the achor weight limits
Marathon- driver outboard with LATCH

'02 Chevy Silverado 2500
Regent- pass outboard with l/s belt & top tethered using short belt path
Roundabout- center with lapbelt & top tethered

'03 Chrysler PT Cruiser (grandma's car)
Marathon- driver outboard with LATCH
Parkway- pass outboard of course with the l/s belt

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC