Sears' $22 turbobooster

Splash

Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that we made a mistake with the Graco Car Seat (with back) you ordered. This item was placed on our site incorrectly and you were shipped the incorrect Graco Car Seat (without back).

We sincerely apologize for our mistake and due to this, please keep the incorrect car seat at no charge to you. We have promptly credited your account.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience our error caused you.

Sincerely,
Sears Customer Care
order@customerservice.sears.com

Sooooo.... I get three free backless boosters. Mkay.

ADS

christineka

Sooooo.... I get three free backless boosters. Mkay.

Hey, how come I don't get the free booster? Here's my letter:
Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that we made a mistake with the Graco Car Seat (with back) you ordered. This item was placed on our site incorrectly and you would have been shipped a Graco Car Seat (without back). We have cancelled your order and have promptly credited your account.

We sincerely apologize for our mistake and want you to know how much we value you as a customer and appreciate your business. We are sending you a $10 Sears Gift Card for the inconvenience, which can be used on Sears.com and Kmart.com web sites along with any Sears or Kmart store. The gift card will arrive in the mail within 7-10 business days.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience our error caused you.

Sincerely,
Sears Customer Care
order@customerservice.sears.com

Splash

Mine is you were shipped where as yours is you would have been shipped. Mine were already out the door (and in fact arrived within an hour of the email) ergo they would have had to recall them or ask me to ship them back. Cheaper to let me keep them.

Holly

I got the same e-mail as Splash. I picked up my booster (and did get the highback) from Sears on Tuesday. At the store, they did kind of an exchange where they had the money go back on my card (for the backless) and then re-ring me up for the high back but still giving me the same price (I think they had to do that just so their inventory would show the right numbers for the products they had in stock). So, now because I got that e-mail, they gave me a credit back again? So I got a free high back booster?
I used my credit card, how long will it take to show if that is what happened?

christineka

I should have taken the drive to pick up in a department store that already had the booster. Oh well. At least I ended up with $10 of sears money for next time I find a great deal. Also, I now know that I can ship to the appliance center in town. That's worthwhile knowledge.

pj2rc

I picked mine up -- got the nbb, returned it at the sore came home emailed them to complain (did the customer survey). they responded, sorry about the error, please kep the nbb free of charge. I replied that I already returned it & what I would really prefer is the HBB that was advertised at the price it was listed. They responded to order it then respond back to their email with the order # and they would adjust the price down to the advertised price.

pj2rc

Does anone have a screen shot or print out of the seat before they corrected it? They told me to buy the one that was originally shown and they would match the price.... .was it the Zurich?
p.s. ... anyone else that is having them fix it ... Sears Stores either do or used to have a guarantee --- if it rang up wrong and was priced under $5 you got it free. if it was over $5 is was either $5 off or 5% off (I forget which). I don't see that on the website ... but I'm going to check on that too ..... just FYI

aclayton74

I got the same e-mail as Splash. I picked up my booster (and did get the highback) from Sears on Tuesday. At the store, they did kind of an exchange where they had the money go back on my card (for the backless) and then re-ring me up for the high back but still giving me the same price (I think they had to do that just so their inventory would show the right numbers for the products they had in stock). So, now because I got that e-mail, they gave me a credit back again? So I got a free high back booster?
I used my credit card, how long will it take to show if that is what happened?

Just my opinion. If they do credit your card for the highback booster I would call Sears and have them recharge my card. That would be dishonest and rude to keep the highback for free. Yeah you got the same e-mail as Splash but she never got the highbacks she is getting the nobacks for free. You got the highback from the pricing error.

pj2rc

:mad: BIG FAIL ---- as I mentined above -- I got the email that said to keep the LBB --- since the order had already been filled. I responded that I had already returned the LBB but what I wanted was the HBB I ordered at the price that was listed. The rep reponded "please order the HBB and respond back w/ the order # & they would credit the order for the difference. Then I responded that the pattern was no longer listed -- should I order the Zurich since it was the most comparable? I also asked if they would be reducing it by $5 more since Sears price accuracy policy says they will take $5 off (I had called the store to veriy that was still their policy first)..... the rep responded back -- yes, please order the Zurich instead, respond back w/ the order # and your order will be credited, including S&H. ..... So -- I placed the order for the Zurich, responded back with the order #. A different rep responded "sorry, the previous rep gave you mis-information, the Zurich is not being offered as a replacement, I have credited your shipping and issued a $10 GC". .. to which I repsonded ... not acceptable - this was YOUR error, not mine. You will honor it. They were given plenty of chances before I placed the 2nd order to correct themselves. What a joke. What do I want a $10 GC for when their customer service leaves you never wanting to shop there again. .... besides ... originally I had the LBB - they were going to let me keep it for free but I had already returned it .... that was more than a $10 value.

ETA: I am still waiting for their response

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC