Cars/Crossovers for a 3 Across?

Chely7425

Are there any sedans or crossovers that easily do a 3 across? Right now we need to fit 3 RF seats (2 Radians and an SR35) but next year will need a FF seat (probably a Nauti or Frontier) and 2 RF Radians... then the subsequent progression of seats from there :D We need a car that will at some point fit 3 boosters... are there any other there that would fit a lot of different 3 across set ups and work well with radians?

ADS

birdflippin'

I drive a '05 For Five Hundred and can easily fit 3 acoss without scraping my hands buckling seats in. There's 53" of hip room.
They were renamed "Taurus" in '08.

Chely7425

I will have to check with DH but it might be worth checking out... so is it the 5 hundred or the taurus or the taurus x we should be looking at? We wanted to keep the price point around 15-18K and not older than a 2008...

BudgieStew

I will have to check with DH but it might be worth checking out... so is it the 5 hundred or the taurus or the taurus x we should be looking at? We wanted to keep the price point around 15-18K and not older than a 2008...

The Taurus X is not the same as the Taurus. It was formally known as the Freestyle for the 2005-2007 model years and then renamed in 2008 as the Taurus X and last model year it made was 2009. It is 6 or 7 seater CUV. It was supposed to replace the Taurus Wagon. I really really wanted one when we replaced our van last year but there were only four new ones left in Canada with the trim level we wanted and it would have been a pain to get them to our dealership. I have no idea how well they would do three across as I prefer to have bucket seats in our second row over bench. A few other members on this board own the Freestyle/Taurus X so perhaps they will find this thread.

The 2010 Taurus has a lot of the same mechanical parts as the older version, but the body looks soooo much sexier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC