Pleasantly surprised with new Chase....

sirrahn

I recently ordered this one to try for my tiny DD2 as a back-up seat. I only paid $51...not sure why they've already raised the price:rolleyes:. I just picked it up from site to store.

Anyway, maybe some of these aren't totally new, but they've made lots of improvements. I had my screwdriver ready to go to adjust the harness height (I have bad memories from when I was a tech of having Expresses as give away seats at check-up events and being the one charged with getting them all popped out and ready to adjust:p) and now it's got nice little plastic tabs you just press. There's eps lining the entire head area and the bottom of the cover especially is very padded & cushy. The fabric's definitely less expensive feeling and not exactly plush, but it's soft and should wear well. It also has a really nice usable looking cupholder and little cubby thing.

DD2 is at school so I haven't been able to try her in it yet, but the buckle and chest clip seem easy enough to do so I'm hopeful she'll be able to do it herself as that's a really big deal to her.

ADS

sirrahn

Sounds about standard for the Chase ;)

Well, along with my experience with give away Expresses, I had an original Vision (Why on earth have they had 3 different names for the same exact seat?!) for DS2 back in the day, and it had no eps, padding or cupholders, and plain rubber armrests. Oh and the impossible to pry out harness tabs. This is quite the upgrade from that LOL!;)

Maedze

Well, along with my experience with give away Expresses, I had an original Vision (Why on earth have they had 3 different names for the same exact seat?!) for DS2 back in the day, and it had no eps, padding or cupholders, and plain rubber armrests. Oh and the impossible to pry out harness tabs. This is quite the upgrade from that LOL!;)

Oh yeah, those industrial Expresses are nasty little things, aren't they?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm just sad we only have the ugliest cover ever made on our BRU seat, and they just raised the price. Walmart has way, way nicer covers, extra padding, lower price. Seems so unfair!

sirrahn

I'm just sad we only have the ugliest cover ever made on our BRU seat, and they just raised the price. Walmart has way, way nicer covers, extra padding, lower price. Seems so unfair!

That one is bad:thumbsdown:.

Got to try DD in it this afternoon. She's totally enthralled with the little toy cubby thing and has a decent amount of height left. She still couldn't quite unbuckle herself, but she could get it done up and I know it's easier so hopefully a little practice will get her there.

I think it will definitely fit the bill to mostly sit in the garage and keep her out of a booster a while longer. Although due to that cupholder and toy cubby, I think I may end up having to swap it for her Radian for a while;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC