• D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

• F

• Total voters

christineka

Alright, last thread on the subject for now. I've tried different arrangements and have found what works, what doesn't, and what I don't want to deal with. I want the two who can't buckle themselves in the second row. I don't want anyone climbing in through the front doors on a regular basis. I don't want booster buckling to be so difficult that any screaming, crying, or whining occurs.

A reminder of the kids:
10.5 yo girl. 65 pounds, 18.5 inch torso. Likes the regent and literider. Great booster rider.

9 yo girl. 65 lbs, 18.5 inch torso. Refuses to ever sit in a harnessed seat again. Loves her vivo and sitting in any backless booster. Great booster rider.

7.5 yo boy. 55 lbs, 17 inch torso. Hates the bodyguard. Is still a bit of a wiggle wart.

5.5 yo girl. 35 pounds, 14.5 inch torso. Desperately wants to be among the "big" kids. Great booster rider.

3 yo boy. 30 lbs, 14 inch torso. Must ride in TF.

14 month old girl. 18 lbs. Must ride in the radian, rfing of course.

The regent is girly, so only a girl can ride in it. The vivo is not going in the 2nd row. The sides are too high for buckling in a 3 across.

Here are the possibilities:

A) 2nd row: 5 yo RT (regent) or RN 3yo TF 1 yo RN
3rd row: 9 yo BG (Bodyguard), 10 yo LR (Lightrider), 7 yo Vivo

B) You can't choose this option because I don't have 3 radians!

C) 2nd: 9 yo BG, 3yo TF, 1yo RN
3rd: 10 yo LR, 5yo ffing RN, 7 yo Vivo

D) 2nd: 10yo RT, 3yo TF, 1yo RN
3rd: 5 yo RF RN, 9 yo BG, 7yo RN

E) 2nd 10yo LR, 3yo TF, 1yo RN
3rd: 5yo RF RN, 9yo BG, 7 yo Vivo

F) Buy some other booster because you have had experience with a Sienna and know for sure that this one other seat will be the answer to all my problems. Be sure to elaborate on which seat.

ADS

MomToEliEm

Which of the configurations seems to work best in your vehicle? Also which setup puts the kids next to other kids whom they get along with?

christineka

I'm not feeling like worrying about kids doing well next to each other. Our vacation setup was great for that. The two eldest were between each of the younger two sets to divide them. The problem with it was that one kid had to climb in through the front doors. That was fine for vacation, but not for daily life when we go to many places in succession. I may have to keep dd3 and ds1 apart because they are constantly trying to get on each other's nerves. I've even watched ds move over to be closer to dd3 just so that he could complain about her touching him.

I've decided to just swap my vivo for a parkway which will work better in the three across in the middle row, putting two boosters and a radian in the back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC