Which kid where?

glockchick

In dh's car Kaleigh is ff-ing in a Marathon and CJ will be rfing in the Scenera (until I can convince dh I need a RN to rearface Kaleigh in :whistle:).

I don't wanna debate safety standards, but I'm not as ok with the Scenera because of the lack of EPS foam.

Do I still put CJ outboard and Kaleigh center? Or should I put Kaleigh outboard and CJ center?

Dh's car rocks and has tether anchors in all 3 locations and LATCH in the outboard ones. I don't usually use LATCH because I hate to dig LATCH straps out, am used to seat belt installs, and can fit them more easily with the seat belt. It is nice it's there in case dh ever has to install seats though.

ADS

NebraskaMom

I don't know much about you, but I'm assuming Kayleigh is over the height or weight limit of her MA in order to turn her back around and/or it doesn't fit properly in your husband's car since you mentioned you need to convince your husband :)

If that is the case, then my suggestion would be go based on your comfort level which seems to be pretty low when it comes to the Scenara.

I personally would put the MA on the outboard and the Scenara in the center. The MA does have additional protection within the seat/shell than the Scenara.

Hope this helps a bit.

Stacey

glockchick

Yes, Kaleigh is too heavy to rf in either seat and too tall for the Scenera. :)

She's 37 lbs and right above the stop slots on the Scenera.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Does Kaleigh fit FF in the Scenera? Can you FF her center in the Scenera, and RF CJ outboard in the MA?

Otherwise, I would go with your gut. We know RF is safer than FF; if you feel the MA is safer than the Scenera then (and for the sake of this argument, we'll take that as fact,) then each seat has one plus and one minus. So, I guess, decide which one has the larger plus or minus, and then go with that?

I think I would still put CJ outboard. In a side impact, his shell is going to swing towards the collision, vs Kaleigh's front. I'd rather have Scenera shell than MA-harness&kid-face go into that zone, kwim?

ETA: Crossposted and answered my question, darn.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC