In Search Of Gameboy Color Games

Mommy2Marcus

So, I happened to find a used working Gameboy Color system at a yard sale for $3. It came with 2 games, but Marcus is not really crazy about either of them. I was hoping that I might be able to find him a few other games he could play.

We have a pokemon game & a gremlins 2 game. He only plays the gremlins game & caught on pretty quickly. I can not afford more than $5-$7 per game right now. I found some I thought would be good, but they're $15 each & I just don't have that right now. He wants to play it, but is bored by the games. :(

ADS

littleangelfire

I've got Bust-A-Move Millennium. I thought I had a tetris game around here somewhere, I'll have to search for it b/c I don't see it right this minute. Wait, found it. Tetris is an original Game Boy game, but it should work in the Game Boy color. I know my son played them both on his Game Boy Advance and then on Gameboy Advance SP.

Mommy2Marcus

I did search ebay. I did find some cheaper games there. But alot of the games I found that I did want to buy had very high shipping. The game itself would be $4-$6, but the shipping would be like $8.

I've got Bust-A-Move Millennium. I thought I had a tetris game around here somewhere, I'll have to search for it b/c I don't see it right this minute. Wait, found it. Tetris is an original Game Boy game, but it should work in the Game Boy color. I know my son played them both on his Game Boy Advance and then on Gameboy Advance SP.

How much are you wanting for your games & how much for shipping. My zip code is 35120. This is awsome. That Bust a Move game looks really cute & like something Marcus would like.

I am still open to a few more games to. Let me know what you have.

Simplysomething

Gamestop usually has a case of Gameboy games, from the Gameboy Color to the Gameboy Advance. There are, of course, usually far more GBA games, but I often see the GBC games there too. Checkout a Gamestop, for cheap GBC games.

littleangelfire

I did search ebay. I did find some cheaper games there. But alot of the games I found that I did want to buy had very high shipping. The game itself would be $4-$6, but the shipping would be like $8.

How much are you wanting for your games & how much for shipping. My zip code is 35120. This is awsome. That Bust a Move game looks really cute & like something Marcus would like.

I am still open to a few more games to. Let me know what you have.

$5 for each game and I'll cover shipping? Or $5 just for Bust-A-Move if you only want that one.

Gamestop usually has a case of Gameboy games, from the Gameboy Color to the Gameboy Advance. There are, of course, usually far more GBA games, but I often see the GBC games there too. Checkout a Gamestop, for cheap GBC games.

Our Gamestops no longer carry any gameboy games at all. Only DS games. They said they liquidated all the gameboy games and won't take them on trade anymore. I was a little sad about this - there's some rather cool Mario games in either Gameboy or GBA format. But since the last 2 releases of DS won't even play the games (DSi and DSXL) they won't carry them anymore. And there's yet another DS coming next year, DS 3D that won't play them either. I think they shot themselves in the foot taking away the GBA slot on the DS: it's where the guitar grip for Guitar Hero went!

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks! I will give our Gamestop a call & see if they have any.

$5 for each game and I'll cover shipping? Or $5 just for Bust-A-Move if you only want that one.

That sounds good to me. Let me think on the Tetris game. I am not sure if he will like it or not. I deffinatly want the Bust-A-Move game though. However I am broke till Friday. Will you be okay with me mailing you a money order out on Friday after I pick up my check & get a money order? My paypal account went down for some reason awhile back & I have not been able to get in it since. It would be a Western Union money order from my store or a Postal money order. I can do whichever one you prefer.

littleangelfire

That sounds good to me. Let me think on the Tetris game. I am not sure if he will like it or not. I deffinatly want the Bust-A-Move game though. However I am broke till Friday. Will you be okay with me mailing you a money order out on Friday after I pick up my check & get a money order? My paypal account went down for some reason awhile back & I have not been able to get in it since. It would be a Western Union money order from my store or a Postal money order. I can do whichever one you prefer.

That's fine - they've sat on my desk for months - they can sit there a while longer. lol

Mommy2Marcus

That's fine - they've sat on my desk for months - they can sit there a while longer. lol

Thanks! I will get you the money order on Friday & mail it out. I think I will go ahead & get both of them. He will probably like the tetris game as well. If not I can always resell it to recoup the money I paid for it. I will send you a PM as soon as I mail the money order out. If you can send me your address through PM, then I will make sure to get it taken care of either Friday or Saturday morning.

seamonkeys

Yes, it's hard to find cheap ones! Our Gamestops also stopped carrying them. They only carry the advanced games now. There is one other used game store that carries them, but the are about $11-21. :(

littleangelfire

Thanks! I will get you the money order on Friday & mail it out. I think I will go ahead & get both of them. He will probably like the tetris game as well. If not I can always resell it to recoup the money I paid for it. I will send you a PM as soon as I mail the money order out. If you can send me your address through PM, then I will make sure to get it taken care of either Friday or Saturday morning.

Sounds good. Oh, you know what? Try a pawn shop or thrift stores or craigslist. I've seen gameboy games in all those places

Mommy2Marcus

Yes, it's hard to find cheap ones! Our Gamestops also stopped carrying them. They only carry the advanced games now. There is one other used game store that carries them, but the are about $11-21. :(

Yes, I called my Gamestop today. They only carry the Advance games now. Which will not work with the Gameboy Color. :( If I have not found any more soon, then I will probably try to find an inexpensive lot with a couple of games he will like on Ebay & buy it. I can then sell the games he does not like to recoup some of the money.

Sounds good. Oh, you know what? Try a pawn shop or thrift stores or craigslist. I've seen gameboy games in all those places

I will deffinatly check those places. I have been watching CL for about a week now & so far nothing besides one lady who had all pokemon games plus a system for $100. :eek: Not happening. But I will check thrift stores & pawn shops for sure. Thanks for those thoughts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC